Esteemed Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york.... 2019, SEASON 11....news, spoilers, gossip

Why do they need a three part reunion? It was boring and drawn out. Nothing new. They could have been done in 1 show. 

Respected Contributor

On WWHL 7/25 Dorinda and Michael Rappaport were the guests.  Rappaport said he thought this season of the NYHW's was the best season ever of all the HW shows.  Not so sure I'd agree w/that.  I tend to think this whole HW phenomena is beginning to show wear n tear.

Dorinda still cannot admit she was heckling Jovani at Luann.  Even tho the entire rest of the world seems to think she was being a heckler.  No, she can't admit some things about herself either, including that she is a mean drunk.

Anyway, I agree 3 episodes of the finale was 2 episodes too many.  Have 1 longer episode - maybe 90 minutes - and be done with it.

Jon Bon Jovi's son was the bartender last night on WWHL.  I wouldn't have guessed.  There is a slight resemblance, but he must take more after his Mom.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Yes, Part 3 of this reunion was boring, and I agree it could have been wrapped up in one longer version....I guess with this past season, this is all they could come up with. Hopefully next season will be a bit more exciting...Next up is Part 3 of BH- hopefully that one is more interesting! Did anyone see how Tinsley just sat with a smirk on her face last night? Tinsley is very attractive, but she is also very childlike and any man who dates her better be prepared to baby her because that is what she wants, I think......

I can't see Ramona settling with a man any time soon either.....I think she just enjoys dating......

Dorinda can never admit when she is wrong, but at least she didn't drink as much this season. She really is a mean drunk....

Barbara needs to invest in spray tanning in the future-what a glittery mess she was.... lol!  

Honored Contributor

I had no idea Tinsley grew up in Richmond, all I ever heard about was Palm Beach, but that explains everything about her, she's a Southern Trust Fund kid, that has had everything handed to her on a silver platter!

Honored Contributor

This was boring.  All 3 were boring.  Tinsley didn't have much going on throughout the season and she didn't have much going on throughout the reunion.  Same with Sonja.  It wouldn't surprise me if she wasn't the next to go because outside of her getting plastered drunk and falling, what has she done?  I don't find her interesting at all.  She and Tinsley are both non-factors on the show.  They could have skipped the reunion.

Bethenny is a head case but she makes for good tv.  She is quick-witted and has good comebacks and one-liners.  And there is no doubt that she did a wonderful thing helping Luann out.  

Ramona is Ramona and she is never going to change.  But at least you know what you get with Ramona.  She has sat there through every single reunion vowing to change and she never does.  She's always working on herself to become a better person and the following season, it's the same old Ramona.  She is never going to change.

Lu is so self-involved I want to take her and shake her.  When they showed the montage of clips at the end when Lu kept going on and on about herself and then they asked her what she saw, she had no idea what was wrong with her behavior.  It wasn't until the others pointed it out to her that she said looking at that she would say she was an azz****.  But I don't buy that. She said it to try and make it seem as if she recognized her poor behavior.  The fact that she had no idea where Sonja's daughter was going to college said it all.  Lu only cares about herself.      

Super Contributor

I could not believe that Tinsley called 911 when her dog was ill.  Wow!  I know that pets are like family, but the emergency services departments are for emergencies for fires and rescues and medical emergencies for people.  She should have rushed the dog to an emergency pet clinic - there has to be a ton of them in NYC. I live in the boondocks and there are 3 around me.

Respected Contributor

Luann and Dorinda have something in common they can both dish it out but they can not take it. Both have big egos and will not own it.

Seriously, someone needs to sit down with Barbara and tell her about that tanning spray obsession she has. Unfortunately it was the only think that left it's mark about her on the show.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jellyBEAN wrote:

On WWHL 7/25 Dorinda and Michael Rappaport were the guests.  Rappaport said he thought this season of the NYHW's was the best season ever of all the HW shows.  Not so sure I'd agree w/that.  I tend to think this whole HW phenomena is beginning to show wear n tear.

Dorinda still cannot admit she was heckling Jovani at Luann.  Even tho the entire rest of the world seems to think she was being a heckler.  No, she can't admit some things about herself either, including that she is a mean drunk.

Anyway, I agree 3 episodes of the finale was 2 episodes too many.  Have 1 longer episode - maybe 90 minutes - and be done with it.

Jon Bon Jovi's son was the bartender last night on WWHL.  I wouldn't have guessed.  There is a slight resemblance, but he must take more after his Mom.

I too saw WWHL and thought Rappaport was nuts. No way was this the best season of the show. Not even close. I also noted Andy very pointedly asked him if he enjoyed Tinsley on the show and he said yes. Crazy... Something makes me think he was simply kissing butt... I think he also said something about Barbara being the best  housewives 'friend'... Whatever... And yes, agree, Dorinda has a hard time admitting her foibles but sure can get down on everyone else's...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The reunion series was pretty boring, but how could it not be... The season hardly set any records. They seemed to half way resolve some things but even that was hardly entertaining. Probably won't happen but I still think this group needs tweaking. Were it me, I'd keep Bethenny, Lu, and Dorinda, make Sonja and Ramona 'friends', add some new ones and get rid of Tinsely altogether.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

It's not like LuAnn is one of my favorite people...I kinda like the way Sonya is crazy.....I like people who kinda do 'their own thing'.

Anyway, I always sit there watching so much alcohol being consumed by the gallons and LuAnn is expected to ignore it.

These people must smell like they fell in a whiskey vat.  I was raised by a functioning alcohol (he worked every night) but when he came home at 1:00AM he was so drunk he couldn't stand up.

I know a little something about alcoholics...boy do I.  I've never had a problem with people drinking but can you imagine how difficult it must be for her to be around so much alcohol?

I know why they all stay on this show.  They're all promoting something.  I also know they make a lot of money on it.  

However, I would think if I was LuAnn and was serious about staying sober, I'd quit this show!  

It's always been amazing to me how many Americans have some form of alcoholism (yet it isn't talked about).

They come home from work and right away get a drink of alcohol and on and on.  

This show (and most on TV) glamorize alcohol.  It's as if people can't have fun without getting smashed.

I was always the sober one of the group.  Just like LuAnn, I'd watch them getting drunk then the next day they all act like life is normal.  

Yet, these ladies acted like she was acting 'above them'.  I did understand when she was saying she was taking care of herself.

She should just quit this show, it would be the best thing for her.

But then it would show she was serious about staying sober and I think (with her) it's a matter of what she thinks she can get away with.