Respected Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york.... 2019, SEASON 11....news, spoilers, gossip

I'm guessing that Luann is the only one labeled as an alcoholic because she went over the top after her breakup w/Tom and wound up getting arrested and mouthing off to a police officer.  But, in all the seasons she's been on the show, I never thought her drinking issue was as bad as Ramona and her Pinot Grigio, or Sonja or Dorinda. 

Yes its gotta be very hard for her to be around these gals getting bombed.  Tinsley is gulping them down as well.  I kind of feel that its just not fair in a way.  Sure what Luann did was wrong, but I just never thought of alcohol as being a big problem for her. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I'm guessing that Luann is the only one labeled as an alcoholic because she went over the top after her breakup w/Tom and wound up getting arrested and mouthing off to a police officer.  But, in all the seasons she's been on the show, I never thought her drinking issue was as bad as Ramona and her Pinot Grigio, or Sonja or Dorinda. 

Yes its gotta be very hard for her to be around these gals getting bombed.  Tinsley is gulping them down as well.  I kind of feel that its just not fair in a way.  Sure what Luann did was wrong, but I just never thought of alcohol as being a big problem for her. 

Again @jellyBEAN I agree. Other than Lu falling down a couple of times in Mexico or wherever they were, she never seemed to be the biggest boozer of the group by far. She simply 'got caught'... It'll be interesting to see what road she takes when her probation is over... There are 'recovering' alcoholics who honestly can and do have a drink or two and are able to stop. Who knows if she will be among them, whether she'll stay dry or whether she'll have another serious fall off the wagon... And for the record, unless Sonja was mugging for the camera, there have been many times she appeared to be totally blotto or, as Lu suggested, taking something... And, until Lu's arrest, I always assumed Dorinda would be the one needing an intervention...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

During all three reunion hours, the camera was on Bethany a lot more than the rest of the ladies put together.  Lots of head shots of her!

Honored Contributor

@countrylady wrote:

During all three reunion hours, the camera was on Bethany a lot more than the rest of the ladies put together.  Lots of head shots of her!

And a lot of shots to catch her reaction to what others said.

On another note, I don't think LuAnn has been humbled at all by the events of the past year.  She says she has, but her actions and behavior indicate otherwise.

Bethenny, love her or hate her, usually owns up to bad behavior.

Ramona lives in bizarro world.

Tinsley, although still kind of insipid, is starting to fit in and hold her own.

There are two Dorindas; sober Dorinda who usually makes sense (although not when it comes to recognizing and admitting she was heckling), and drunk Dorinda who morphes into the meanest of the mean girls.

Sonja is just Sonja; going with the flow and a little ditzy.  When she drinks, she really drinks...

Barbara is a waste of film.  (Or is it digital space these days?)

Looking forward to next season!!  LOL!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I finally watched it and although there was some phoniness, they ended on a good note. Luann will never change, she just toned it down because she can’t stand the criticism. Who styled Barbara, she was a hot mess covered in sparkly goo. Why doesn’t she just get a professional spray tan for events like this. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One big difference between Lu and Dorinda is that when pushed hard enough, Lu will admit her foibles whether she actually means it or not... Dorinda, no matter how hard she's pushed, won't even pretend to...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Yes, Part 3 of this reunion was boring, and I agree it could have been wrapped up in one longer version....I guess with this past season, this is all they could come up with. Hopefully next season will be a bit more exciting...Next up is Part 3 of BH- hopefully that one is more interesting! Did anyone see how Tinsley just sat with a smirk on her face last night? Tinsley is very attractive, but she is also very childlike and any man who dates her better be prepared to baby her because that is what she wants, I think......

I can't see Ramona settling with a man any time soon either.....I think she just enjoys dating......

Dorinda can never admit when she is wrong, but at least she didn't drink as much this season. She really is a mean drunk....

Barbara needs to invest in spray tanning in the future-what a glittery mess she was.... lol!  

Why didn't someone from the tv staff give Barbara a little help-it's like they want her to fail. She's obviously not used to being quite as self-possessed as the others.

Honored Contributor

You know, I couldn't figure out why LuAnn (I like to spell it that way...Ha!) got into so much trouble for being drunk.

Then I started researching what she actually did and now I get it.

She wasn't just drunk in public, she did some things (i.e. fighting, I believe) and even afterward, she continued to get into trouble.

Honored Contributor

@buyornot   They really did leave Barbara to flounder on her own.  They must have thought it would make for good TV.  I wonder how she got to be such good friends with Lu in the first place.  I still don't think the others want anything to do with her, and are really just tolerating her and trying not to hurt her feelings.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

You know, I couldn't figure out why LuAnn (I like to spell it that way...Ha!) got into so much trouble for being drunk.

Then I started researching what she actually did and now I get it.

She wasn't just drunk in public, she did some things (i.e. fighting, I believe) and even afterward, she continued to get into trouble.

@Annabellethecat66   and told the cops she would kill them, lol, what a debacle!