Honored Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york.... 2019, SEASON 11....news, spoilers, gossip

@faeriemoon wrote:

I think I must be the only person on the boards who liked Carole...

I would take Carole over Tinsley any day. I wasn't a big fan but I did think she was interesting ...especially when being compared to Tinsley.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon   You are not alone!  I liked her as well.  Appreciated the lack of drama and how for the most part she got along with everyone except for Luanne because of Adam.  I was on her side when everything with Bethenney went down.

I'm soooooooo tired of Luanne, if she was so interested in her sobriety, she would have taken a year off and concentrated on it and her "cabaret" show.   It's a joke and her holier than thou attitude has been there since the beginning.  How many times can the "wives" attend her show??  Boring and no talent.  Right now, Luanne is dry but not working on her sobriety, at all, only going through the motions till August.  They, all, drink, they, all, get cockeyed and stupid drunk except for Carole.

No longer entertaining for me.  I find them to be an embarrassment.

Honored Contributor

@Somertime   I never understood the drama with Bethenny (and I watched all the episodes.)  One day they were simpatico, and the next day they weren't.  Then they analyzed it to death, "maybe we're just out of synch", "maybe it's just a lull", etc.  They were always the straight shooters, and the two least likely to be offended by some made-up slight.  It's weird that they ended up estranged.

Honored Contributor

When Ramona was talking to Lu about not coming to her show, she made it seem as if none of the women wanted to go to the show and had decided together to skip it. Then when it was brought up at the jazzercise class, they seemed surprised that Ramona scheduled that party and thought it was rude and mean to do so.   

I also had to fast forward through Tinsley and the dog.  No offense but she went off to Miami and left her dog that was so sick and had to get back to check on her.  If my dog was that sick, I wouldn't have gone on the trip.  I have stayed home from evenings out or canceled plans because one of our dogs was ill.  I was prepared to stay home on Christmas day by myself because of a sick dog.  On WWHL Andy replayed Ramona and Sonja at Tinsley's and they were funny.  

Whoever said Tinsley shouldn't have a baby is right. The woman is a personal mess. No way could she handle a baby.  I don't think she could handle being pregnant.  She's so ridiculous it actually makes me angry. I cannot stand helpless women.   

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I think I must be the only person on the boards who liked Carole...

Yes you are correct!  I hated her!

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon . I didn't hate Carole, I actually liked Carol at first, and then it just seemed like she wasn't very friendly to any of the ladies, and that she had already checked out. Maybe she was just sick of being on that show, especially when she and Betheny had their falling out! Which really was too bad, because I think it was so good for Betheny to have such a good friend-she needed that. Maybe more than Carol did. I remember when Aviva was so jealous of Carol's book success in the beginning too.

There were some things that bothered me about Carol, but I could tolerate her more than some of the others that have been on there.

Honored Contributor

Never liked Carole... Subtle, perhaps, but she always seemed to be going through the motions because, really, this was SO beneath her... Suspect that whatever tweaked her friendship with Bethenny was more than met the eye on the show or maybe just the snowball effect of lots of little things, slights between the two of them, both perceived and actual... All that said, I guess as far as interest, she might have been preferable to a few of the others who've done a stint on the show... 

Tinsley's just pointless and yes, the baby ship has hopefully sailed for her... Doesn't appear as though that family needs any more drama princesses (or princes) to raise... Agree @Lipstickdiva she embodies all the negative aspects of being a Southern Belle but without any of the backbone and grit... Just totally needy...

Sorry all, but I still find Lu entertaining and despite the mess she can be and the mess she's made of her world, she still often remains a voice of reason compared to some of the others... For me, given her position of prominence on the show, especially the last couple of seasons, if she's not around, I'm probably not watching... Bethenny can't carry the show on her own and other than Dorinda, and then only occasionally, the others have pretty much ceased to be very interesting....

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

The older women on the show are in my age group.  I can't imagine getting together with my friends, getting drunk, and fighting.   Obviously, because they are on tv, the activities have to be entertaining(?), but I don't find them all that entertaining.  I just keep wondering what's wrong with these women!  Also, the name of the program should be changed;  none of them are real or housewives! 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Never liked Carole... Subtle, perhaps, but she always seemed to be going through the motions because, really, this was SO beneath her... Suspect that whatever tweaked her friendship with Bethenny was more than met the eye on the show or maybe just the snowball effect of lots of little things, slights between the two of them, both perceived and actual... All that said, I guess as far as interest, she might have been preferable to a few of the others who've done a stint on the show... 

Tinsley's just pointless and yes, the baby ship has hopefully sailed for her... Doesn't appear as though that family needs any more drama princesses (or princes) to raise... Agree @Lipstickdiva she embodies all the negative aspects of being a Southern Belle but without any of the backbone and grit... Just totally needy...

Sorry all, but I still find Lu entertaining and despite the mess she can be and the mess she's made of her world, she still often remains a voice of reason compared to some of the others... For me, given her position of prominence on the show, especially the last couple of seasons, if she's not around, I'm probably not watching... Bethenny can't carry the show on her own and other than Dorinda, and then only occasionally, the others have pretty much ceased to be very interesting....

I never cared for Carole for the same reason. She seemed like all this was so beneath her.  She always seemed to be sitting back and taking notes of everyone's behavior, almost as if she was doing research for another book.  

While Lu makes me crazy and I think she's self-absorbed, I don't necessarily want her off the show.  However, if she was, it really wouldn't bother me.  I could take her or leave her.  Same goes for Ramona.  Sonja actually bugs me more than Lu or Ramona because I feel like most of the time she's playing a part.      

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

Re:  Carole doing research.  I think you may be onto something!  She is a writer, wouldn't be surprised to learn she is doing a book based on her time with the RHONY.  That is, unless her contract with the show prohibited that sort of thing.   Seems that there have been plenty of magazine articles, especially regarding Teresa of the NJ "family", so perhaps a book would be allowed. We shall see!