Honored Contributor

Re: real housewives of dallas....5/23/16..."news," spoilers, gossip

I have not seen this past week's episode yet.  I do not care for Brandi at all.  I feel badly if something happened to her brother though.

I don't mind Cary, but I'm sure she kept trading "up" in husbands for financial gains.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

ohhhhhh i must have missed hearing cary say that this was her third marriage!

She did, and as sad as that seems at age thirty-nine, it's not really the number of marriages that made it so odd. It was that she was so smug about it saying she had already had three husbands, and since LeeAnne hasn't had one, it's no wonder she's jealous. As though two failed marriages gives you some kind of bragging rights, lol!

It's like saying "Look at my new multi-million dollar house. Sure, I'm on my third bankruptcy, but you still live in a condo. Aren't you jealous?" 

Respected Contributor

While I don't agree with Cary being smug, I also don't think just because someone is divorced they should be ashamed. Last time I checked its 2016 and that kind of thinking is insulting and rude. Its just as bad as staying married to a loser because your to lazy to do anything about it or know that you can't get any better so you might as well stay put. See that would not be nice either.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

While I don't agree with Cary being smug, I also don't think just because someone is divorced they should be ashamed. Last time I checked its 2016 and that kind of thinking is insulting and rude. Its just as bad as staying married to a loser because your to lazy to do anything about it or know that you can't get any better so you might as well stay put. See that would not be nice either.

Which is why  I said it wasn't the number of marriages, it was the smugness with which the comment was delivered that was odd.

No one said she should be ashamed, but neither is it a reason to brag (which is what she did), or to pretend it's something to be envied. 

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Which is why  I said it wasn't the number of marriages, it was the smugness with which the comment was delivered that was odd.

No one said she should be ashamed, but neither is it a reason to brag (which is what she did), or to pretend it's something to be envied. 

ITA!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

ITA!!

Oh but it was okay for Leann's smarmy Frito Pie friend/host to start in about Cary and "corndogs" though... Alrighty then.  Cary handled it well even though she was treated very badly.

Leann was smug while she did it and liked it. Leann is a nutjob who every week is fighting with someone...her BF is sitting there listening to her latest victimization, cry me a river song  and who she has to apologize to this week and be a christian to. Ugh.... he's on to her.