Esteemed Contributor

Re: real housewives of beverly hills....3/14/17...."news," spoilers, gossip

@sabatini wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

"Erika may be a woman of few(er) words, but it was silly when she said

'I say important things'." @sabatini

I agree and it shows a very overinflated ego on her part. Also, during one her interviews (not sure what to call those segments) she was saying something about weak women who whine about their situations and how it makes her dislike them.

Erika may like to think of herself as a strong woman, but let's get real. Erika didn't get where she is by being strong, she got there by finding herself a rich older man to be her sugar daddy. 

I like Erika and I think she's a great addition to the show, but c'mon, it is what it is. 

@SusieQ_2, ITA w/ this entire post!

And I've already said this not once, but TWICE : WHY would a powerhouse like Erika choose to let herself be objectified where there's no regard to who she is in both her personal & professional life???

I don't find that 'empowering' at all, just degrading.

What will she do as she inevitably grows older?

Speaking of, my BFF worked in Manhattan, and years ago told me that she'd often see Cosmo's Helen Gurly Brown, who she said looked straight outta the night of the living dead.

HGB was in her 80s at the time, but still dressed as if she were in her 20s; short skirts, off the shoulder halter tops, and sometimes, even fishnets! LOL!

There comes a point,.....

I've wondered that myself and don't really have an answer. A guess would be, that as "secure in herself" as she pretends to be, I think she feels she has a lot to prove.

I think there's a lot to it, from her background (meaning she doesn't look like she fell far from the tree where her mother is concerned), to proving that even though she's married to an older and not particularly studdly guy, she wants there to be no doubt she's hot.

Like I said, I really don't know so those are just a couple of guesses but while there are times she seems really down to earth, almost classy, other times she seems sort of trashy. 

It looks like next week we get a little insight into the real Erika, but with the way they tease those previews, I don't know how much we'll really get to see.

Esteemed Contributor

@sabatini, I just thought of something else that might drive Erika to do what she does and that's that she's financially successful.

Just imagine how hard it would have been knowing that her husband is an incredibly successful attorney, making tons of money, while she was a waitress. She's already shown she has a big ego so I doubt that was enough for her.

It's almost like she took the easy way out and did something that didn't require any real effort on her part as far as bettering her education and doing something meaningful...but that's shortsighted on my part. She does work hard to stay in shape and apparently always liked entertaining. Tom seemed to have no problem funding her, and now she's a success. Not like he is, but at least it's something.

I guess it just takes all kinds, and even if it's not my cup of tea, that doesn't make it wrong.

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2, as far as Erika liking to entertain, all I can think of is that party she threw where there was no food, and everyone was starving! Woman LOL

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

Anyone know if the rumors are true that Caitlyn Jenner (always will be Bruce to me) is really going to join this show?????  I will stop watching this show!!!

Super Contributor

Thank you ladies for agreeing with me... i thought my message was going

to get lambasded......

Did you see the pile of make up brushes alone that the glam squad had

with them ....Such a wast of money....

I think Erica's upset next week is the fact that she worries about her

son being a police officer....just a thought....

Shame on Bravo and Andy Cohen for portraying women in this light...

I have lots of friends and we do not act like this...The only male equivelent

i can think of is the WWE !!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@BabyYoda wrote:

Anyone know if the rumors are true that Caitlyn Jenner (always will be Bruce to me) is really going to join this show?????  I will stop watching this show!!!

I just read about that. I can't see him fitting in.

Esteemed Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

I just read about that. I can't see him fitting in.

Although I think it would be very awkward, I think Kyle and Lisa V, at least, would be all over him/her and absolute besties.

Esteemed Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

to get lambasded......

That sounds so right, Joanie, excellent deductive skills!

We need a thumbs up emoji. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

This constant bringing  up what someone said is old. I am so tired of hearing it. 

I do like Erika but wish she would travel as herself. I think the glam squad is totally unnecessary when she isn't doing a show. She is gorgeous and doesn't need it. I am beginning to think she is uncomfortable without the hair and make up. It seems to be her security blanket.IMO

Oh, do I ever agree!  I've seen photos of Erika looking more natural and she looked good!  In this episode, with that one scaredo.....she looked like a Dr. Seuss character.  

Respected Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

to get lambasded......

100% agree. I've never thought it was about her husband/marriage, and her son is immediately where my mind went when they first showed that clip earlier in the season. Smiley Wink