Respected Contributor

Re: real housewives of beverly hills....3/13/18...news ,spoilers ,gossip

This is a little late, but,...

On last week's show, the ladies were at an outdoor party, and it was very windy. I forget where they were.

Anyway, I felt bad for Teddi because when her hair blew, you could completely see her hair extensions....and after awhile, her hair stayed mussed, w/ the extensions plainly visible.

I kept wondering why they didn't stop filming & fix her hair, or why one of the HWs didn't say something to her! 

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

@sabatiniwrote:

On last week's show, the ladies were at an outdoor party, and it was very windy. I forget where they were.

Anyway, I felt bad for Teddi because when her hair blew, you could completely see her hair extensions....and after awhile, her hair stayed mussed, w/ the extensions plainly visible.

I kept wondering why they didn't stop filming & fix her hair, or why one of the HWs didn't say something to her! 

I can't believe I missed it!  LOL

I saw the episode, but i didn't see the extensions! 

She clearly has extensions but I didn't notice the wind showing them.  She probably won't be on season 2 as she's too nice.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@sabatiniwrote:

I saw that. I personally don't care for all this fake looking very long hair anyway. I was just watching another show and the same thing happened. I can't remember who it was.

I think if your own hair looks good you should stay away from extensions. They are ok if you never move your head but who lives like that. 

My cousin owns an upscale salon that specializes in them and most of her family has them......they all look fake to me mostly because they are too long.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2wrote:

Teddi's been stirring the pot since the beginning when Dorit was late for drinks. Yes, Dorit was wrong, but how many times did the "easygoing" Teddi have to bring it up to the others that Dorit was rude and a liar? Seems an easygoing person would have settled it but Teddi couldn't seem to let it go.

Then she felt the need to tattle to LVP that Dorit had been a naughty girl and complained about her champagne glass. She knew perfectly well Lisa was Dorit's friend and it would get back to her which is exactly what she wanted. 

Her next little foray into the drama department was when she decided to gossip about Erika for not staying at her beach house--a situation that came to light because of who? Dorit! 

So now (surprise, surprise) Teddi just couldn't possibly look Lisa Rinna in the eye without telling her that three months ago someone was talking badly behind her back and that person just happens to be who? C'mon, she obviously wanted to cause a problem for Dorit, and if she looked uncomfortable it was because the others knew why she did it and they called her on it.

The sweet, innocent "I'm just a no drama girl" hasn't borne out when it comes to Teddi. She loves to get there and get it all going (especially for someone she has it in for) and when it starts getting to be too much she runs away. If I were to believe the producers had to tell her to stir the pot with Rinna I'd have to believe they told to say all the other things she's said this season. Of course, it's possible, but I don't think she's that stupid or that boring. I think she knows exactly what she's doing and she fits in with the group better than she will ever admit.

i like your analysis @SusieQ_2!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@betty423wrote:

Didn't Dorit bring up Teddi leaving the restaurant to anyone who would listen?  Kyle, LVP?  I don't recall Teddi ever initiating those conversations after the fact.  Dorit is just a witch who does nothing but gossip about everyone and then complains when her words are brought up.  Can't stand her or her husband Shrek!

Betty

@betty423, yes you're correct that Dorit brought it up to Kyle and at a lunch, at another time, LVP asked Dorit about it and she filled her in on all the sorted details of "late-gate." Smiley Very Happy

Kyle then asked Teddi about it which sent Teddi into a diatribe, and between that and her confessionals, we heard her saying things like what kind of people don't know what time it is, how she believes it's possible to send a text while talking on the phone, how she feels Dorit is not really a friend and on and on. 

Later, at a lunch with Teddi, Kyle, Camille, and Rinna, Teddi started in with how rude Dorit is, saying Dorit always has to be the center of attention and it's "The Dorit Show" & blah, blah, blah. When Camille chimed in saying Dorit drinks too much Kyle wasn't too happy (that's a sore spot for Kyle). Between the Dorit talk, and Rinna repeating the story that Ken Todd was accused of assaulting a woman, Kyle was seemed very upset & uncomfortable.

Then when Teddi had the spa day she asked Dorit to arrive early so they could clear the air. Teddi told Dorit what really bothered her was that she talked about it to Kyle. The funny thing about that is how Teddi immediately ran to Lisa and Ken to tell them about "glass-gate" which kind of makes it seem the accountibility coach's motto is "Do what I say and not what I do."

Dorit asked Teddi if she had talked about it with anyone else and Teddi admitted she had saying she wasn't the only one talking and that Dorit had hurt someone else's feelings meaning Camille. So apparently for Teddi, if there's more than one person in your group that has a complaint, it's fine to gossip away and all is well.

So, yes, Dorit did talk about it but I'm surprised you don't recall how much Teddi talked about it as well. It was so much, in fact, that for at least two episodes it was mentioned that hopefully this wasn't going to be her theme for the entire season. 

All that being said (and yes I know it was a lot!), I don't dislike Teddi--in fact, I like her. I'm just not falling for the rhetoric that she's so nice and innocent. As I said before, that just hasn't borne out through her actions. Why do I like her? Well, because the Queen of Beverly Hills likes her (so far anyway), and if the Queen likes her, who am I to disagree? HeartSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really like Teddi.  I also think she's super nice and it's not at act.  I think the only reason she called out Dorit was because the producers basically made her.  She probably was told she was boring and needed to spice things up.

She genuinely seems like a very nice and trustworthy person.  I don't think she feels comfortable talking poorly about anyone.  

John Mellencamp and his ex wife did something right.  She appears fairly grounded!

ETA: I like her husband too.  They appear extremely down to earth!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

I like Teddi a lot too which is why I'd be disappointed to find out she was bought by producers to cause problems between people simply to spice things up. I'd prefer to think it happened more organically--like she had finally had enough with Dorit's gossiping (I believe that happened early on in the season) and decided not to let Rinna to be blindsided by the comments. Remember, Teddi was also the catalyst for the drama around Lisa, Kyle, & Dorit in NY. It was Teddi who decided to tell Kyle about what Dorit had said at dinner and the result of that was that the whole party blew up. If it was the producers pushing her, they've apparently done it repeatedly. Now there are a couple of them I could see doing just about anything for money (Rinna comes to mind), but hopefully not Teddi. 

I also don't think Teddi has been boring this season at all. It seems unlikely the producers would need to step in to save her from herself. I think she's had plenty of interesting storylines, a few of which brought enough drama on their own that creating more seems completely unnecessary.

Some of my favorite Teddi scenes have been of her with her family (her husband is adorable), and horseback riding with LVP. I loved the pretty pink bareback saddle she gave Lisa for her birthday and Lisa calling her Teddi Bear (sweet!). She was so cute in her confessional with her delight in giving the perfect gift  saying "Check. Nailed it!"  Smiley Happy

There was late-gate, glass-gate, she's had run-ins with Erika, hosted a spa day at her home and an overnight at her beach house, plus all of the drama she's caused by repeating Dorit's nonsense (twice). If anything, I think Teddi has actually been one of the more interesting (and busy) housewives this season.

I know this is just my opinion, but when it comes down to how we, or how most of us it seems, feel about Teddi we agree. We like her! I think she's been a great addition to the cast and I hope she comes back next season. 

Respected Contributor

ITA, @SusieQ_2! BTW, I really enoyed your post. 

Yoohoo, @sunshine45! Missing you. Heart

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

@sabatini

HeartWoman Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

I just don't see how Teddy is the bad guy in all of this.  It seems that she is always on the defense with Dorit and now Erika.  I do think she tries to play nice but with all the back biting that goes on - especially Dorit and PK fueled - she struggles.  I still think she's the one who tries to be the bigger person - Dorit would and does talk garbage about everyone.  Even her bestie LVP is not immune.  They are all horrible actually - I've never seen a group talk about eachother so much and then rush to "spill the beans" to whoever was on the hot seat.  Personally, I'm not sure I"d hang with any of them lol.