Respected Contributor

Re: real housewives of beverly hills.....2/2/16...."news", spoilers, gossip

@surfk  CFS and auto-immune illness derived from breast implants is controversial  . the medical community especially the Plastic Surgery community and the cosmetic medical device makers that sell implants have vested interest in ensuring their industry stays viable. they take the position that there is no evidence that silicone leakage is harmful to the body,  yet there are dozens of other toxic substances in the manufacture of implants

Since the changes in silicone inplants to develop cohesive gel, many more women are getting implants.  these have problems as well and require annual MRIs (on the patient's dime) for leakage and BC screening.  the Dow Corning scare is over. so implant illness is continues to be questioned by the medical community. they just don't know, and the studies done in the '90s concluded that leaking silicone was not a factor - yet there are thousands of anecdotal references to women who became ill from leaking silicone and from leaking saline implants which can become toxic in the body, moldy saline water affecting tissues.   it just is not talked about.

maybe Yo had a choice between removing her implants but pursued a Lyme diagnosis?  maybe her medical providers were a up on possible silicone illness and  knew or suggested  her implants may be making her sick, but at that point she wanted to avoid drastically  altering her body. . she said she had implants for 26 years, that must really blow having nothing up top.  wouldn't you try anything  in the lifestyle of Beverly Hills? ? to stay looking youthful and keep your body hot-looking?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

@surfk  CFS and auto-immune illness derived from breast implants is controversial  . the medical community especially the Plastic Surgery community and the cosmetic medical device makers that sell implants have vested interest in ensuring their industry stays viable. they take the position that there is no evidence that silicone leakage is harmful to the body,  yet there are dozens of other toxic substances in the manufacture of implants

Since the changes in silicone inplants to develop cohesive gel, many more women are getting implants.  these have problems as well and require annual MRIs (on the patient's dime) for leakage and BC screening.  the Dow Corning scare is over. so implant illness is continues to be questioned by the medical community. they just don't know, and the studies done in the '90s concluded that leaking silicone was not a factor - yet there are thousands of anecdotal references to women who became ill from leaking silicone and from leaking saline implants which can become toxic in the body, moldy saline water affecting tissues.   it just is not talked about.

maybe Yo had a choice between removing her implants but pursued a Lyme diagnosis?  maybe her medical providers were a up on possible silicone illness and  knew or suggested  her implants may be making her sick, but at that point she wanted to avoid drastically  altering her body. . she said she had implants for 26 years, that must really blow having nothing up top.  wouldn't you try anything  in the lifestyle of Beverly Hills? ? to stay looking youthful and keep your body hot-looking?

I appreciate the perspective. Yet, one must acknowledge that everything involving Yolanda's illness is rather controversial, mysterious and rather a dice shoot in terms of trying to isolate a singular general cause.

And while the implant controversy may be a real one (as to how dangerous such leakage is to the body or not), there is a reason that surgeons switched  to saline years ago and newer silicone versions had to be introduced (if at all).

We must admit that we don't know when Yolanda may have had her implants put in - or where - or by what sort of a credible doctor (or not). She is obviously not beyond going around the world looking for doctors willing to try procedures (some not approved of or cleared for use in the USA).

Her implants may have been from the 80s (???) when a lot of more junk and/or weaker implants were used (often commonly). Or she may have had them done in a Cambodian spa one time after a photo shoot on a beach. She isn't quite forthcoming about the origins of the implants.

But if one were to take the images, surgery and statement of the doctor who recently removed them (and all their spillage), they were not anything anyone would want filling various chest cavities of one's body. Even a non-toxic item floating around or embedded on the wrong place/s on/in body can cause terrible effects or side effects.

I mean, a non-toxic plastic toy jammed into a child's body cavity can't possibly be good for them or not be the cause of a lot of problems. There will be ill effects.

But I agree that not all implants are necessarily dangerous or life threatening (especially new ones done in a proper manner by qualified surgeons).

Yet, again, are those the origins of Yolanda's now-removed implants? We just don't know.

And the trend of late among young women - who might even have access to the safest implants today - is to avoid them. They're often just not worth the hassle (besides the philosophical issues at work which tell a woman to alter her body artificially in such a manner).

They're even advising many women post-mastectomy to consider not adding them into reconstruction sometimes as they can still sometimes obscure further follow up monitoring of tissues.

One wonders even about men getting these pec implants or Kardashian wannabes undergoing drastic surgery to get butt implants?

I mean, if one thought that such people would regret their tattoo or tramp stamp when they get to 70...one reallllllly wonders what great-grandma will look like with a huge booty on her 80 lb frame at the age of 94??? lol

Esteemed Contributor

Why was yesterday's BH thread deleted? What happened?

Honored Contributor

Daisy wrote:

Why was yesterday's BH thread deleted? What happened?

oh brother.......i just noticed that it was deleted...... Smiley SurprisedSmiley FrustratedSmiley Mad

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I guess something must have happened after I left the house this morning. Darn! I missed it all! LOL

Honored Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

I guess something must have happened after I left the house this morning. Darn! I missed it all! LOL

LOL i just sent the qvc social team an email!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

My daughter had breast implants done quite a few years ago.  She worked for a famous plastic surgeon and had it done then.

She had them put behind the muscle because that was supposed to be the best.  They have always been very natural looking and she's never had problems with them.

I would have thought Yolanda would have had them checked first thing!  That doesn't make sense that that wasn't looked at immediately.  It also seems like something irregular would have shown up in all of the in depth blood work she's had done over and over.

So now that she's had them removed she's well?  I'm happy about that, she seems like  lovely person.  But why in the name of Heaven wasn't this problem thought about first before she had some of the drastic things done to her body!  She had her teeth re-done and on and on.

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower

the mods reinstated the 2/9/16  rhobh thread.Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

What I don't understand about Yolanda - beyond the Lyme's Disease or implant issues themselves - is why she would think that people WOULDN'T be talking about her (behind her back).

I mean, she's not a naive person. She's been immersed in the world of modeling and jet setting for decades. She's living in an epicentre of gossip and image.

Even she's been admittedly confused and stumped as to what is/has been causing her all her problems. Heck, she's spent months and recent years chasing her own mysterious condition all around the world and undergoing all variety of treatments (most of them which didn't work).

So again, why on earth would such a person - for one second - not know that people will talk? And it seems she ought to acknowledge that she can understand the skepticism and gossip to some extent. After all, its a strange thing she's been experiencing since being married to an amazingly well-connected and successful man who is connected to everything and everyone in the entertainment business.

Then, you ADD to the fray that not one she but her two daughter all were bitten by a diseased tick...even that is fairly uncommon (if not actually rare). Yet she's still annoyed and confused as to how ANYONE would possibly question any of it.

It just doesn't seem a truthful response to what she must know is human nature looking at it all - and from the outside in particular.

One might not LIKE people gossiping about you (who does). But she seems mystified and betrayed and confused and angry that any of dozens (hundreds really) of people who have some social connection or another to her actually question what in the h*ll is going on with her.

Even her husband left her in the end. He claims she's 100% well now. So how does he know that and what "cured" her (as to be 100% well)?? 100% well FROM WHAT EXACTLY?????

Honored Contributor

I find it interesting that the show (whomever) made sure that we (the audience) saw that 'David' was supporting her in all of this.

Hummmm???  As far as him putting his hands on her boobs when she was going to get the operation and other boob jokes.  Sometimes things are said and goes on between husband and wife that other's don't understand.

I'm sure this divorce was probably a 'given' long before this TV show showed it.  

I'm probably going to take heat on his but I think (we've all seen it) where men tend to be more flaky when it comes to supporting a partner throughout a long extended medical issue (especially one which goes on for a long time and nothing seems to be helping).

Let's face it.  She is known for being a strong beautiful model and suddenly and for a long time now she's been struggling.  I just think it's been shown over and over that women tend to stick with a mate on something like this more and longer than a male.  Women are nurturers, plain and simple.

Does that make him a bad person?  No, I think, like I said it was a long time coming for other reasons also.  He's very famous and comes across many people.  It seems like they've been separated a lot (whereas she used to travel everywhere with him).  Maybe he just missed it too much and wants a partner who travels with him.

Who knows?  Who cares really?  I'm glad she is feeling better.  I think she should have left her children out of all of this and kept quiet about them.  That's my complaint on this.