Super Contributor

"Where The Boys Are" - Thurs., Nov. 13th @ noon ET - TCM

I can't remember who said in a lively discussion about Dolores Hart on this Forum earlier this year that Where The Boys Are was a favorite movie that she tried to watch whenever it was on. I just wanted to alert you that TCM will air it on Thursday, November 13th at noon ET.

This 1960 movie follows the adventures of "four college coeds who go looking for love during Spring Break in Fort Lauderdale." It stars Hart, who later left show business at the peak of her career and became a nun. The cast also includes: George Hamilton, Yvette Mimieux, Jim Hutton, Barbara Nichols, Paula Prentiss, Frank Gorshin, Chill Wills and "Connie Francis, in her first film, is pretty good, and sings the hit title tune; other young players seen to good advantage. Nichols is hilarious as usual as a flashy blonde." - Leonard Maltin, TCM

Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Where The Boys Are" - Thurs., Nov. 13th @ noon ET - TCM

I saw this when it came out in the one type of theater . By one type, I mean the movie house was not split into many. I will watch it again, thanks. I remember her in her movies. Loved Connis Francis singing, she was great. This was the days of singers without all the loud noise to hide bad voices.
Super Contributor

Ah, yes - isn't it wonderful that some of us actually can remember life before multiplexes, auto-tune and real singers with real talent, who weren't created cookie-cutter-style on these endless, needless karaoke reality TV talent shows.
Super Contributor

There's a great documentary on Dolores Hart called ""God Is The Bigger Elvis"". The most interesting thing to me in the documentary is that the man Dolores was engaged to before she decided to join the convent still visits her after all these years.
Respected Contributor

I saw this movie a month or so ago and it's always good.

I usually wake up early and they show a lot of old, old movies and silent ones in the morning. I didn't think I would like them but some are pretty good. Ronald Coleman was in a 1925 silent movie yesterday and I enjoyed it.

Honored Contributor

On my list of all time faves, still cry at the end. The Elbow Room in Ft Lauderdale is still quite popular. I would love to see Yvette Mimieux still acting, been way too long.

Esteemed Contributor

I know how old I am when I remember seeing some of these movies as a kid with my Mother for 25cents and two movies, news of the week, a cartoon. When it went up to 50cents the adults were upset, but the whole neighborhood went to the movies on Mondays nights for the set of dishes, for the 50cent. One piece each week and you mingled with your neighbors. Good times.

Super Contributor

On 11/13/2014 cyndog said: There's a great documentary on Dolores Hart called "God Is The Bigger Elvis". The most interesting thing to me in the documentary is that the man Dolores was engaged to before she decided to join the convent still visits her after all these years.
What a moving story, actually the story of two powerful loves in her life. The Oscar-nominated documentary short is excellent. It's only 50-minutes long and can be found on YouTube.