Honored Contributor

"What We Do In the Shadows"

[ Edited ]

Did anyone else catch this premiere last night on FX?  The comedy is very dry and subdued, rather like "Spinal Tap".  It is a satire about tv cameras following a group of vampires and their 'familiars' while they try to infiltrate daylight society.  It certainly isn't everyone's 'cup of tea', but I found it interesting and creatively-written.     

Trusted Contributor

Re: "What We Do In the Shadows"

I watched about half of it.  I love the movie so much, I guess no series could live up to that.  But maybe I'll give it another shot.

I missed Peter, the 8,000 year old vampire from the movie.

Honored Contributor

@stuyvesant wrote:

I watched about half of it.  I love the movie so much, I guess no series could live up to that.  But maybe I'll give it another shot.

I missed Peter, the 8,000 year old vampire from the movie.

The character of "Peter" from the movie has been renamed "The Baron" in this series.  He showed up later in last night's episode.

Honored Contributor

I did watch it but the jury is still out for me!  I will give it a few chances to see whether or not I'll watch.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched it for a few minutes, but didn't care for it.

Honored Contributor

I couldn't get into it. That sort of comedy is not for me. 

Honored Contributor

I just watched 2 episodes of the new season!  I don't know why exactly but I just love this show.  It's so dumb and campy but it makes me laugh and amuses me so much!  I guess I need something silly and goofy right now -- something which lightens the mood can't be all bad!  Nadia just cracks me up.  Yeah, this humor is dry and kind of naughty at times -- well pretty naughty a lot of the time but I still think it's great!  The characters are fabulous!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I just watched 2 episodes of the new season!  I don't know why exactly but I just love this show.  It's so dumb and campy but it makes me laugh and amuses me so much!  I guess I need something silly and goofy right now -- something which lightens the mood can't be all bad!  Nadia just cracks me up.  Yeah, this humor is dry and kind of naughty at times -- well pretty naughty a lot of the time but I still think it's great!  The characters are fabulous!  

My favorite is Colin Robinson, the energy vampire.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter 

Oh, yes --- the energy vampire is terrifice also.  I truthfully love them all, but Nadia just makes me crack up -- she gets these goofy looks on her face!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

LOVE this show...it's so weird and funny. Love the characters!!