Super Contributor

"Wedding Planner Mystery" - Sunday, Oct. 19th - 9/8c - HMM

From Hallmark: About the Movie - Wedding Planner Mystery
Based on Deborah Donnelly's novel "Veiled Threats," Carnegie Kincaid (Erica Durance) is a wedding planner and a perfectionist in both work and romance. When a murder occurs and a bride (Chelan Simmons) is kidnapped surrounding the wedding of a prominent family embroiled in a high profile fraud scandal, Carnegie becomes a suspect. She is questioned by police and pursued by shady news reporter Aaron Gold (Andrew W. Walker). To make matters more terrifying, Carnegie is pretty certain whoever is responsible for the crime is out to get rid of her. As she struggles to clear her name, Carnegie is hounded by a hard-boiled detective (Rick Ravanello) and wooed by a handsome lawyer (Brandon Beemer). With her life exploding into a whirlwind mix of danger, mystery, and romance, Carnegie begins to realize that love does not always arrive in a pretty package and that the perfect "Prince Charming" she's been waiting for may not have her best interests in mind.

For more information, including cast bios and production photos: http://www.hallmarkmoviechannel.com/hmc/weddingplannermystery

Super Contributor

Re: "Wedding Planner Mystery" - Sunday, Oct. 19th - 9/8c - HMM

Did anyone else watch this last night?

As Hallmark original movies go, this one wasn't too bad. Since this is the first in what is hoped will be a new mystery series for the rebranded Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Channel, they're off to a decent start. Carnegie Kincaid (Erika Durance) is a 21st Nancy Drew, planning weddings and solving mysteries simultaneously. It's unclear though, how often they can use the conceit of a member of the bridal party turning up dead. It'll be interesting to see how they move forward with this series.

If you're a regular viewer of these Hallmark movies, you'll see some familiar faces from previous movies, especially the holiday entries and some of the typical cookie-cutter, paint-by-numbers characters popping up. It's not fantastic drama, but there are worse ways to spend two hours.

It's interesting to note how Hallmark has heeded the massive criticism that's been heaped upon it in recent years for its total lack of diversity in casting. This latest entry featured a variety of minority actors as more than just extras, including two African Americans - one a best friend; the other a business partner - and one Asian, but still there was no Hispanic representation.

I won't reveal the ending, but after a fairly entertaining story, it did fall a bit flat and will probably leave you shaking your head and asking, "Really?"

Next weekend, HMM launches the second in the Garage Sale Mystery series starring Lori Loughlin continuing the modern Nancy Drew theme. I'll do a separate post providing details about GSM: All That Glitters, slated for Sunday, October 26th at 9 PM. Incidentally, if you missed the original, it's scheduled for 7 PM, immediately before the new made-for-cable movie.

Super Contributor

Apologies for double post.
Regular Contributor

I have major problems with Sunday night tv so this is a bad night for me. I always watch CBS & tape PBS. I can't tape this channel - I tried to watch the re-broadcast at 11 but fell asleep. They don't seem to have as many repeat showings as the HC does so hopefully they will show it again sometime.