Re: "Wait Until Dark" with Audrey Hepburn is on TV

I love Alan Arkin. In anything. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks IMW!!

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

I sitll remember scenes in this movie to this day.   I was so engrossed in what was going on that in the crowded movie theater, I actually stood up and screamed.

Esteemed Contributor

@IMW wrote:

@ncascade wrote:

Did anyone ever notice that AH is always the same character no matter what film she is in?

She, like so very many actors did not have a wide range of acting ability. I believe that is the general rule-actors are limited by physical traits, as well as type casting. 

The exception to the rule is a Meryl Streep, Phillip Seymore Hoffman-rare and quite exceptional they have the ability to inhabit their characters.

Of course just my opinion.

I agree, @IMW. Phillip Seymore Hoffman was so great and such a loss. He was so talented, and he could be different in every role. Some actors are just the same in everything they do. Not Hoffman!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@febe1@IMW, I agree ... both Streep and Hoffman and exceptional and certainly not type cast in any limiting way!  Love them both.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@febe1@IMW, I agree ... both Streep and Hoffman and exceptional and certainly not type cast in any limiting way!  Love them both.  LM

I really miss Hoffman & was always looking for anything he was in. Now, I look for all his old stuff. I never knew he was into drugs in such a deep way.

Super Contributor

Have always liked Audrey Hepburn but cannot watch movies like this...I actually have nightmares for a week after so I learned my lesson decades ago.  Call me a wimp but not everyone likes thrillers.