Honored Contributor

"WOMAN ON THE RUN" ANN SHERIDAN, DENNIS O'KEEFE WEDNESDAY 9:45 A.M. EASTERN TCM

Woman-on-the-Run_007_large.jpg

And, for those who don't get TCM, it streams free on youtube.  Just google Woman on the Run 1950 youtube.

Wednesday, 9:45 a.m. Eastern--  "Woman on the Run"  Ann Sheridan, Dennis O'Keefe, Robert Keith, John Qualen, Frank Jenks, Ross Elliott, Jane Liddell, Joan Fulton, J. Farrell MacDonald, Steven Geray, Victor Sen Yung, Rako Sato

A nifty film noir, full of intrigue, set in bohemian, midcentury San Francisco.  Full of shadows and wrong turns.  An artist out for a walk, witnesses a gangland murder, and the police want to put him in protective custody.  

Instead, he slips away, into hiding, and the baffled police can't figure why his wife (Ann Sheridan) isn't more upset.  The sardonic woman (who is indeed, an alienated marital partner) nevertheless undertakes her own chase to find her elusive husband, aided by an inquisitive reporter (Dennis O'Keefe).

image-w1280.jpg

Love Ann Sheridan and her interesting, downbeat take on the wife.  Dennis O'Keefe is a hunky noir stalwart, and, trivia alert--  Robert Keith, who plays "Inspector Ferris", was the father of the brilliant, mercurial Brian Keith.

131216.jpg

I'm always surprised that this one seemingly isn't more known among romantic suspense/film noir enthusiasts-- it's a very solid outing.

I love that you don't have to wait till Wednesday a.m. to view-- you can just hit youtube any time, as it's in the public domain.  Love films like that!   

Trusted Contributor

Re: "WOMAN ON THE RUN" ANN SHERIDAN, DENNIS O'KEEFE WEDNESDAY 9:45 A.M. EASTERN TCM

@Oznell   What a great movie! Those roller coaster scenes are why I don't ride them!

I found it on The Roku Channel.

Thanks for the recommendation. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: "WOMAN ON THE RUN" ANN SHERIDAN, DENNIS O'KEEFE WEDNESDAY 9:45 A.M. EASTERN TCM

You're welcome, @anniebethsmom .  Glad you located it on Roku and enjoyed it!   Agreed, it's really a good, suspenseful movie-- should be more widely known.