Honored Contributor

🌠 "WE'LL MEET AGAIN" PBS S2 BEGINS Tues. NOV13 🌠

[ Edited ]

According the the PBS email newsletter I received, the new Season 2 of "We'll Meet Again" premieres on Nov. 13 at 8/7c, on tv channels and also available for streaming.   

I didn't see a thread about this new season -- I hope I'm not duplicating.

I found this to be interesting reading as a follow-up to last season's shows:

â€œThe Moment We Met Blog --

Interviews with the participants of We'll Meet Again"

(Please copy and paste the link:

pbs.org/meet-again/blogs/moment-we-met/ )

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are some descriptions of the show for those who might not be familiar with it:

"...documentary series reported and executive produced by Ann Curry.   Each episode introduces us to two people who were affected by momentous events in American history.   We follow them on a journey of detection as they look for a long-lost friend, family member or significant stranger...

"...the series features personal stories of ordinary men and women who lived through extraordinary moments in history, ..."

"...featuring dramatic reunions of people whose lives crossed at pivotal moments.   View history through their eyes and hear stories of heroism, hope and the forging of unbreakable bonds..."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

Re: 🌠"We'll Meet Again" PBS SEASON 2 BEGINS NOV 13🌠

Thanks for letting us know!  I enjoyed the first season of this show.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dawg lover wrote:

Thanks for letting us know!  I enjoyed the first season of this show.

You're welcome, @dawg lover!   I enjoyed it, too, and I learned so much from each episode.   

I also shed more than a few tears.   I look forward to seeing the new shows.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Really enjoyed this show and I thought Ann Curry did an excellent job of hosting. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@riley1 wrote:

Really enjoyed this show and I thought Ann Curry did an excellent job of hosting. 

I agree, @riley1.   I think this is a good "fit" for her.   I hope the show continues to be well-received.

Esteemed Contributor

I wasn't aware of this show...It sounds wonderful, so I just went to On Demand and will be recording Season 2....I wanted to check out Season 1, but I would have to buy each episode in order to view, so I will just wait until the new Season.

Thanks so much @dooBdoo for the heads up! Woman Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

I wasn't aware of this show...It sounds wonderful, so I just went to On Demand and will be recording Season 2....I wanted to check out Season 1, but I would have to buy each episode in order to view, so I will just wait until the new Season.

Thanks so much @dooBdoo for the heads up! Woman Happy

You're welcome, @MyShadowLove!😊

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dawg lover@riley1@MyShadowLove

Here's some additional information about some of the episodes coming up:

Season 2, Episode 1
November 13, 2018

​Saved in Vietnam​

​"​Two Vietnam veterans search for the heroes who saved them during the war.​"​

Season 2, Episode 2
November 20, 2018

Surviving the Holocaust

​"​Holocaust survivors search for those who gave them hope in the darkest days. One wants to find the friend he left behind when he didn't move to Israel; the other hopes an old photo will reunite him with his first friend."

Season 2, Episode 3
November 27, 2018

Great Alaskan Earthquake

​"​Two Alaskans try to track down childhood friends who also survived the state's massive 1964 earthquake. A woman wants to thank a friend and her mom for shielding her from harm, and a man searches for a former Little League teammate.​"​

Season 2, Episode 4
December 25, 2018

Korean War Brothers in Arms

​"​Korean War veterans search for their brothers in arms. One wants to show his gratitude to two lieutenants who inspired him to be brave in battle, and the other hopes to thank a friend who boosted his spirits aboard a hospital ship.​"​

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Episode 1 Preview | Saved in Vietnam

Preview: 11/13/2018 | 30s

"Join Ann Curry as two Vietnam veterans search for the heroes who saved them. An Army officer searches for the helicopter pilot who rescued him, while another soldier wants to reconnect with the surgeon who saved his leg from amputation."

video:

https://www.pbs.org/video/episode-1-preview-saved-vietnam-dttyam/

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🌠"WE'LL MEET AGAIN" PBS Season 2 BEGINS NOV 13🌠

@dooBdoo - Thank you!