Honored Contributor

Re: "VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED" GEORGE SANDERS, BARBARA SHELLEY MONDAY 11:45 A.M. EASTERN TCM

Oh, how interesting, @CANDLEQUEEN, I didn't know there was a remake.  With those two in it, I think I would want to see it, even if it wasn't that great a remake.  Will watch out for it.

Honored Contributor

Re: "VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED" GEORGE SANDERS, BARBARA SHELLEY MONDAY 11:45 A.M. EASTERN TCM

@Oznell wrote:

Oh, how interesting, @CANDLEQUEEN, I didn't know there was a remake.  With those two in it, I think I would want to see it, even if it wasn't that great a remake.  Will watch out for it.

@Oznell. I t was from 1995......It also starred Mark Hamill.... 

Honored Contributor

Oznell,

I regret that I read your alert today, too late to view or record what appears to be a real prize.  

Doggone it!

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Oznell,

I regret that I read your alert today, too late to view or record what appears to be a real prize.  

Doggone it!

I looked on TCM's website and the movie is not listed under WATCH TCM. But there are no movies listed under Watch TCM. So I checked on my tablet and the app was not listed. So not sure if it is temporarily down or what is going on. You can keep checking the movies are generally available for about 2 weeks.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the tip-off, @CANDLEQUEEN!

That's a good suggestion for @golding76 you had, @drizzellla.  If you keep checking, @golding76, it may very well show up on the site.

In the meantime, I have another "British chiller" for you coming up tomorrow, that's quite good in its own way.  Will try to get alert up soon....

Honored Contributor

@Oznell

Halloween is full of goodies on TCM!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Oznell !

I have the original Village of the Damned and the Children of the Damned which was out a few years after the original on my DVR.  I love both movies and always look for them on TCM.  

I am a horror and Sci Fi fan, I have been since a young girl and probably mentioned this in a post at some point.  I do not watch any slasher or blood and gore movies, I avoid them except for the original Halloween with Jamie Lee Curtis and the original Friday the 13th.  I just close my eyes when the slashing happens, LOL!!!!!!

As soon as October arrives, I check out TCM and start taping all the Hammer movies with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing, all the famous Universal movies and many other oldies but goodies in the horror/Sci Fi categories.  There are just too many to mention!  

My favorite is the Haunting with Julie Harris, Claire Bloom.  It is such a great ghost story without showing anything , you hear footsteps and talking and your imagination does the rest!  This movie scares me.

Happy Halloween !

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Oznell,

Doggone it!

I just checked Village of the Damned is on Watch TCM. 

Honored Contributor

Wow, @spiderw, you are a real go-to source on all things horror (minus the slasher/gore sub-genre).   You and @sharke and @just bee could have a blast comparing notes!

Agree with you totally about "The Haunting".  Fabulous cast too.

Honored Contributor

@spiderw

@Oznell

The Haunting

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~