Honored Contributor

I just wasn't in the mood to watch it.  I saw the original (I'm old...Ha!).

I have to be in the mood to watch a movie where a child is so rotten.  I just spent yesterday with one of my teenage granddaughters (who's....of course...an angel).  I just couldn't think of rotten kids.

I watched that kid on a soap (Y&R) for a long time.  We all said way back she was a good actress and didn't think she'd be on soaps for very long.

I think one of my problems is they gave her such dark hair.  On the soap (and I'm used to seeing her with dirty blonde hair) she has light hair.

The dark hair alone just made her look so evil.  I'm sure it will be shown many times.

I haven't read the reviewes yet.  Although I respect everyone here's opinions because they are often right on!

Esteemed Contributor

I thought the movie was pretty good but, as others have stated, not as good as the original.  This kid was sick and creepy, but Patty McCormack's character in the original was downright chilling.  I loved seeing her as the therapist; her comments were especially fun.

I noticed Emma reading The Outsiders but didn't make the connection to Rob Lowe being in the movie.  Funny!  

Honored Contributor

I watched this show last night on Lifetime and really hated the ending!  That child will never get help she'll just keep on killing, until someone finally kills her!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Orphan...about a young deranged girl who terrorized her adoptive family and she was also obsessed with the father.

Spoiler
Only she wasn't. Smiley Surprised

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

No one could take the place of Irene Eckhart.  I liked the original better, but kept falling asleep though it was run over and over.

Super Contributor

This movie was really good. I like Rob Lowe and that little girl wow, she was fantastic!

Honored Contributor

@SharkE@SilleeMee.

I read Baby Teeth, that little girl is something else! Several parts of the books actually scared me...

Orphan was one good movie!!!!!The ending was a real shocker!!!!

Honored Contributor

I'm half way thru it. that kid can be glad she didn't belong to me LOL

Honored Contributor

I didn't get to see the entire show and saw it was on yesterday afternoon, but still didn't get to see it.  I'm sure Lifetime will run it again. 

Respected Contributor

I've been trying to get back here to tell you, @BalletBabe. (Have relatives taking shelter here from and since Florence struck.) I'm so glad you caught it and enjoyed the clips, too! 

Wasn't it fascinating to see the two "bad seeds" comparing notes and interacting behind-the-scenes? Interesting that the original thought this child actress was closer to the character in the book. I have never read it.

I thought the ending of this movie left an opening for a possible sequel. It was chilling! I thought the cast did an excellent job in a made-for-TV movie.

Want to see the older versions now to compare. I bet TCM will show at least one in their Halloween lineup. 👍