Respected Contributor

I wish the singer's back stories were much shorter!   I would like more singing and less family or sad stories as those have nothing to do with their talent.

Also the judges should stay seated, quit singing, and speak about the talent.  This show along with other shows in better recorded so I can speed through to the singing.

Would it do any good to write to the show?  I don't think so as in all my years I have written to a few and didn't get an answer.  Anyone else?

Respected Contributor

I forgot to mention that the judges are wearing the same clothes for every show.  Do you think they did all the auditions in one day? 

Thank you for your answers.

Esteemed Contributor

I just recently wrote a similar post under the TV & Movies

section under The Voice topic.......The hard luck stories are just getting to be more of the show and i often feel some of the contestants purposely use these stories in hopes it helps them get picked..............and the fact that almost EVERYONE of the contestants have a sad story...it makes

me wonder how many GREAT singers weren't selected for the tryouts because their lives were too "normal"...it seems the contestants not only have to come singing a song but having a sympathy story.

And really Gwen this year is the one with all the ups and downs and sitting on Blakes lap lastnight just was a turnoff.............I think Kelly has been standing up just to rival Gwen.............Blake is helping Gwen win sadly....i am disappointed in him....have been a fan of his..........and John justs seems very laid back this year....hope he keeps coaching....he is so likable.

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

I forgot to mention that the judges are wearing the same clothes for every show.  Do you think they did all the auditions in one day? 

Thank you for your answers.

@Jackhound Mom  It' funny you should mention that as my hubby and I were discussing it last night.  I am going to google to find out. I can't imagine that Gwen would wear the same thingfor weeks.

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom   @Pecky   The coaches wear the same clothes for most of the auditions every year.  I'm sure they film them on the same day.  It seems like as the auditions get further along they may have on different clothes.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

I wish the singer's back stories were much shorter!   I would like more singing and less family or sad stories as those have nothing to do with their talent.

Also the judges should stay seated, quit singing, and speak about the talent.  This show along with other shows in better recorded so I can speed through to the singing.

Would it do any good to write to the show?  I don't think so as in all my years I have written to a few and didn't get an answer.  Anyone else?

@Jackhound Mom   Sadly,  yes ....this is less of a talent show....more of just  plain ol entertainment ....the antics of the judges....all the background sob stories....bla bla bla.

i just can not watch it especially with the loud mouth judge Kelly Clarkson. 👎👎

Trusted Contributor

Re: "The Voice"

[ Edited ]

The last two nights, I just skipped it completely because of just what everyone has said - too much time wasted on sob stories and then the judges' antics. I am sure that they are encouraged by the directors, because maybe the younger audience likes it? I know I don't and from what I have read here, most of you aren't enjoying that part, either.

I was glad to see that Gwen won't be on the next season, since she will be back at her Vegas show, but now we have to (or not) deal with Nick Jonas and his "very competitive nature," according to his wife. So, we will have the Jonas Brothers and their wives in the audience for more adolescent screaming. 

I feel so old that I am obviously not the target audience anymore! I just like to see new TALENT discovered and not have to put up with judges and egos.

Esteemed Contributor

I think they do a lot of the auditions in one day yes. I quit watching the Voice now. Sick of people voting for judges and not singers. People were refusing to vote for Adams team last year, (who had better singers) because he picked that girl over that guy the other year. When I saw people commenting they were sabotaging his team by not voting, I thought oh how immature, and thought Im done with this show. Also Adam made the right choice by leaving. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles