Trusted Contributor

Re: "The Lost Sons"-a new TV special tonight, Sunday 9/26. at 9PM

@mousiegirl  Sorry you're sick of him. I hadn't heard of this story and just thought I would just let others here know about a new show.  I recorded it and will watch it tonight or tomorrow. .

Honored Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@mousiegirl  Sorry you're sick of him. I hadn't heard of this story and just thought I would just let others here know about a new show.  I recorded it and will watch it tonight or tomorrow. .

@decaf   My reply wasn't meant to be negative toward you, should not have addressed you as it was not personal, just letting you know that it was not a new story.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl  No problem at all.  I never saw the ABC one so I'll watch it.  You'd think they'd be plenty of new stories they could do instead of repeating old ones. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@decaf wrote:

@mousiegirl  No problem at all.  I never saw the ABC one so I'll watch it.  You'd think they'd be plenty of new stories they could do instead of repeating old ones. 

@decaf   I did watch it last night, off and on, and it didn't change my feelings about him, but you will find it interesting, as I did in the beginning.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl I'm 73 and don't recall ever hearing this story. At some point I just wanted to say to him "enough already."  I mean this search is very easy to understand but he got so obsessed that he let it ruin his marriage. I also think that likely "Jill" was killed or also abandoned somewhere. Very sad.

At some point I found him unlikable, not that it matters.

Trusted Contributor

I watched this program, and I have never heard of him before.

I found this story to be fascinating and very, very sad.  

I have so many more questions.  Why was that baby kidnapped and by whom--the woman who raised him or by someone else who gave/sold him to the woman who raised him?  Did that woman have other children or was he the only one?  Did that woman ever marry?  Being a "single mom" wasn't as acceptable in society then as it is today.  What story did she tell others about the baby?  How did she get a birth certificate for him?

So very sad that the babysitter wanted to help the twins, but was told it was nobody's business.  That was the general attitude in the past about child abuse and domestic violence.

How old were the twins when that teenager babysat them, and how long after that did the twins "disappear"?  I also think that Jill died just before Jack was abandoned.

I think that perhaps Paul keeps talking about his story in the hopes of generating more information.  Didn't it take awhile for the teenage babysitter to come forward and contact him?  As time goes on more people may be willing to come forward with more information.

I believe his bio siblings know more than they are willing to say.  And I don't blame them for not wanting to go public.  But I think they are protecting their parents regarding how they treated Jack and Jill.

I hope Paul finds peace someday.

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

I believe his bio siblings know more than they are willing to say.  And I don't blame them for not wanting to go public.  But I think they are protecting their parents regarding how they treated Jack and Jill.

@DottieBlue  Even stranger, why aren't the authorities currently investigating?  confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I was not aware of this and watched it. I found it extremely sad when his not biological mother discovered WHO was the son that was kidnapped. She talked to him once and he died before she ever got to meet him. 

I think Paul could have been more kind to the parents who raised him. 

One can only imagine the heartache of having your baby kidnapped, especially after having a miscarriage. Although skeptical, did the parents do right in saying the NJ baby was her kidnapped baby? Knowing it was just a possibility. 

Respected Contributor

Did the technology to do DNA or paternity testing exist yet in 1964 or whenever he was found abandoned on the street in NJ?  I wonder if there was abuse & neglect of the twins in the home & his twin sister died as a result & then, he was abandoned, by one of the parents or maybe someone else who juts wanted him to be safe & out of the environment?  It's too bad the surviving siblings won't talk.  Are both of the bio-parents deceased now or one ofr both still living?  He has a right to know how & why he came to be left on a sidewalk.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: "The Lost Sons"-a new TV special tonight at 9PM

I watched it, butdidn't previously remember hearing about him previously. It was fascinating. How are things across the lake, Tansy? I haven't seen you posting in a long time. I had to change my screen name several times here, due to technical problems with Safari and this site. I was RainCityGirl for a long time.