Trusted Contributor

"The Collection" on Masterpiece Theater on PBS starts tonight.

In 1947. Hope it's good.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: "The Collection" on Masterpiece Theater on PBS starts tonight.

The first season was on Amazon last year. Now they are repeating it on PBS? It was fairly good, not great.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, Marilyn!
Respected Contributor

I watched about half an hour of it and then turned it off. Won't be following this one.
Honored Contributor

I like it, but there are a lot of characters.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had to give up.  I love the idea of the storyline, but it's just so dark and hard to follow.  None of the characters are interesting enough to care about.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Regular Contributor

I'm really enjoying this series on PBS.  Characters are interesting, storyline is good and it is a pretty good ensemble cast.  Directing could be better I think.  Not PBS's greatest series but much better than most of the stuff on TV!  The time period is interesting -- France just after WWII when the occupation was over and they were trying to find their own identity again.  Plus, too, the clothing being created is lovely.

Respected Contributor

I've been watching this show, too.  So, the gay brother (boy, is he a mess!) is the father of Nina's baby?

Respected Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I've been watching this show, too.  So, the gay brother (boy, is he a mess!) is the father of Nina's baby?

Yes Claude who is gay and the design brilliance behind the house is the father of Nina's baby.  It is not clear to me at least whether he is aware of the baby.  

Respected Contributor

@JanetsGirl wrote:

I'm really enjoying this series on PBS.  Characters are interesting, storyline is good and it is a pretty good ensemble cast.  Directing could be better I think.  Not PBS's greatest series but much better than most of the stuff on TV!  The time period is interesting -- France just after WWII when the occupation was over and they were trying to find their own identity again.  Plus, too, the clothing being created is lovely.

I am enjoying it also.  But the hair and makeup of the mother is like chalk on a chalkboard for me.  So overdone,