Esteemed Contributor

Re: "The Best Years of Our Lives", TCM 5:00 Eastern

@TexasMom1 wrote:

I have watched this movie so may times I swear I know all the dialogue. The scene in the foyer between Myrna Loy and Frederic March when he comes home never fails to bring tears to my eyes.

How about the scene where Teresa Wright is crying to her parents about how she loves Fred Derry and Myrna asks her, "How many times have your father and I had to fall in love all over again?" Just clutches at my heart. So darn true! 

I need to find that Claudette Colbert movie you all are discussing. I am sad to say I missed taping that one. (So Proudly We Hail). 

Vacation From Marriage is another little gem. I saw that for the first time last year and loved it totally. 

God bless our veterans, past and present. 

@~    ~   ~ @TexasMom1   @TexasMom1 ~    ~    ~

Riveting Real Life 'down plain truth' absolutely GUTsy!

`How many times have your father and I had to fall in..

IN LOVE all over again`?

One extraordinary movie~ Heart

Respected Contributor

I have seen so many movies in my time. I now know that the best movies are the old ones. There aren’t many new movies if any that I want to see. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, what a lovely little clip you posted!  Great recap and context for this legendary film.  To your point, my favorite part in the movie is when the non-Nazis in the cafe all burst into singing the free French national anthem, "The Marseillaise" (sp?), in defiance and pointed rebuke of the Nazi officers present-- I get chills every time!

I've seen Bogie's son Stephen interviewed also, and his resemblance to his father is eerie. He's got that attractively rugged, "lived-in" face.  Bogart and Bacall's daughter reminds me a bit more of her mother, with those exotically set eyes giving an almost feline effect.