Honored Contributor

"TWO WEEKS IN ANOTHER TOWN". KIRK DOUGLAS, CYD CHARISSE SATURDAY 10:15 P.M. EASTERN TCM

10:15 p.m. Eastern--  "Two Weeks in Another Town".  Kirk Douglas, Edward G. Robinson, Claire Trevor, Cyd Charisse, George Hamilton, Daliah Lavi

p3852_i_h12_ab.jpg

This is perfect for a cold, weather-lashed weekend!  Master director Vincente Minelli's florid, lushly colorful exploration of the attempted comeback of a movie star (Kirk) with mental health and substance abuse issues is interesting.

Kirk has a chance in Rome to act again, and Edward G. Robinson is helping him.  Romance, betrayal and self-doubts are woven through the actor's halting attempts to regain his status and power in Hollywood...

Both KIrk and "Eddie" are terrific, as one would expect.  Sudsy, and with the meticulous attention to visual detail that marks every Minelli film, yet thought-provoking too.  Nice combination! 

Respected Contributor

Re: "TWO WEEKS IN ANOTHER TOWN". KIRK DOUGLAS, CYD CHARISSE SATURDAY 10:15 P.M. EASTERN T

Love Kirk Douglas .. and my on my was Vincent M. a great director ....

Honored Contributor

Re: "TWO WEEKS IN ANOTHER TOWN". KIRK DOUGLAS, CYD CHARISSE SATURDAY 10:15 P.M. EASTERN T

This sounds like a movie I would like, social issues and intrigue.  I always admired Edward G. and rank  him among the great actors. He always gave a worthy performance.  Thanks for the recommendation!

Super Contributor

Thanks. I just set it to record. I love old movies. I never saw this one.

Honored Contributor

Right, gang, and for those who do like to sometimes watch "in real time",  at least this time TCM hasn't scheduled it for some outlandish, pre-dawn airing!