Honored Contributor

Re: "THIEVES' HIGHWAY" RICHARD CONTE VALENTINA CORTESE SAT. MIDNIGHT EASTERN/SUNDAY 10:00

"If you want to stay cool, stay in the shadows."  Eddie's commentaries should be compiled into their own piece.  Especially since he won't be back until September.  

This movie was OK but how annoying that they were deliberately walking around a sketchy area after having announced to everyone how much money he had and then he just simply kept it in his pocket.  Surely they weren't that naive back then?

I did prefer the other truck-based movie TCM had on last March called The Long Haul (1957). 

https://community.qvc.com/t5/TV-and-Movies/The-Long-Haul-the-truck-is-a-star/m-p/4543869#M257074

Image result for the long haul victor mature

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: "THIEVES' HIGHWAY" RICHARD CONTE VALENTINA CORTESE SAT. MIDNIGHT EASTERN/SUNDAY 10:00

Cool connection to Richard Conte, @spiderw!. I bet your school is proud of him too.   As an actor, he rises to every occasion.  I've always thought he was rather under-rated, but I think more people are catching on to him now.  So deeply chilling as the underworld's "Mr. Brown" in "The Big Combo".   I love his rapid fire delivery and New York accent.

Yet as good as he was in the nitty-gritty, he was so convincing as the intellectual, somewhat naive (when it came to his wife) psychiatrist-husband of Gene Tierney in "Whirlpool".   Which reminds me, I meant to post the link to that film on youtube, given all the interest in Gene Tierney.   Thanks for jogging my memory, @spiderw

Honored Contributor

It's a pleasure to help you because you are so helpful to all of us with your recommendations and movie descriptions.  You have insight into these stories and I think you would be an asset to  Eddie's on Noir Alley !

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

"If you want to stay cool, stay in the shadows."  Eddie's commentaries should be compiled into their own piece.  Especially since he won't be back until September.  

This movie was OK but how annoying that they were deliberately walking around a sketchy area after having announced to everyone how much money he had and then he just simply kept it in his pocket.  Surely they weren't that naive back then?

I did prefer the other truck-based movie TCM had on last March called The Long Haul (1957). 

https://community.qvc.com/t5/TV-and-Movies/The-Long-Haul-the-truck-is-a-star/m-p/4543869#M257074

Image result for the long haul victor mature

Yeah, that was really dumb telling everyone in the saloon that he had $3,900 in his pocket (talking on the phone with them all listening). My DH and I knew exactly what would befall him.

I also didn't get why the hooker for lack of a better word was foreign. 

Isn't Jack Oakie the cutest man? He has such a sweet little smile. 

I liked the movie but quite frankly I was thinking it was a different movie, hahaha. It was one with Judy Holliday. 

I have never seen the Victor Mature movie. I am sure of that!!