Honored Contributor

"THEODORA GOES WILD" IRENE DUNNE, MELVYN DOUGLAS FRIDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

[ Edited ]

8:00 p.m. Eastern--  "Theodora Goes Wild"  Irene Dunne, Melvyn Douglas, Thomas Mitchell

Charming, frothy comedy, with romantic overtones.  Irene Dunne is a proper young woman in a Connecticut small town, but is also secretly the author of a torrid novel that has some townspeople scandalized.

Dunne is plunged into the New York publishing world, where the book's illustrator (Melvyn Douglas) shows a decided interest in her, with scandalous implications of his own...

A bubbling script and such expert players as Dunne, the effervescently debonair Melvyn Douglas, and old hand and yeoman actor Thomas Mitchell, make this a very fun watch.

ETA--   Sorry, I'm not linking any clips from TCM currently, because for some reason it hasn't worked the last few times!  But here's a youtube clip from the film, very cute, showing the bantering byplay and chemistry between the very natural Irene Dunne and Douglas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a055jv768NQ

Oh, good grief, I had the wrong time at first.  Now corrected-- it is definitely on at 8:00 p.m. Eastern!

AND, it turns out it was not co- written by Mary McCarthy of "The Group" fame, but a different Mary-- Mary Eunice McCarthy.  Correction made.  Golly, this is my day for snafus!

Honored Contributor

Re: "THEODORA GOES WILD" IRENE DUNNE, MELVYN DOUGLAS FRIDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

This is a great film, I'll be watching.

Trusted Contributor

Re: "THEODORA GOES WILD" IRENE DUNNE, MELVYN DOUGLAS FRIDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

Wonderful film! Going to watch again! 

Honored Contributor

Love Melvyn Douglas and Irene Dunn. Plan to watch after Sergeant York. Great night for TMC.