Honored Contributor

Re: "THE VERDICT" PAUL NEWMAN, JAMES MASON WEDNESDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

@just bee,  Oh, my gosh!    What a frightening experience.   I'm so glad you and yours are safe.   You have a bright and inspirational spirit and attitude, and I do so admire that.   I don't think I could be so resilient and positive.    Sending prayers and good wishes as you recover and rebuild.❤️   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@just bee,  Oh, my gosh!    What a frightening experience.   I'm so glad you and yours are safe.   You have a bright and inspirational spirit and attitude, and I do so admire that.   I don't think I could be so resilient and positive.    Sending prayers and good wishes as you recover and rebuild.❤️   

@dooBdoo 

Thank you so much for the kind words.  The ladies here on the forum have been tremendously supportive. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Frequent Contributor

Image result for james mason and paul newman in the verdict pic

Honored Contributor

See, this is what happens when you have a solid story, a great script, outstanding actors, a haunting score and characters that you actually care about.

It's a basic formula and I still don't understand how Hollywood forgets that.

Oh -- and it never hurts to have a great ending.

Fantastic film on so many levels.  This film made me love Paul Newman.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

James Mason's "bad guy" role in this is very similar to his role in North by Northwest.  We hate him!  LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee I'm so sorry for you. Nothing I can say to make you feel better or help, just know and  you're family are in my prayers.

Keep that wonderful, everlasting spirit of yours! 

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

@just bee I'm so sorry for you. Nothing I can say to make you feel better or help, just know and  you're family are in my prayers.

@Coquille 

Aw, thanks!  It will be nice to get back to normal even though normal will be very different.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Coquille wrote:

@Coquille 

Aw, thanks!  It will be nice to get back to normal even though normal will be very different.

@just bee  YOU'RE HERE, Thank God.  That's the most normal we hope for in life, to be here with the ones we love and everyone's health. Everything else is gravy! At least, that's how I look at it. Stay strong, day by day. There are so many bad things that happen and we don't know why, you know what I mean. Stay well, take care of yourself and family and keep posting if and when you can. We all want to know how you're doing!😉

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Oznell 

One of my favorite films and definitely one of Newman's best performances.  Unfortunately, I have no access to TCM this month because we are living in a hotel.  Our house burned on May 5.

Yesterday I was gathering items that will not be restored and one of those items was the VHS version of The Verdict.

Should have had it on DVD.

__________________ @just bee  JUST READ! Have been gone for 4-5 days. Just finished watching my next to TLHS- /Newman & Woodward -1958-   HeartJust Bee, my prayers and heart is with you / we we always be here for youHeart

@Oznell , back in a few minutes. Had to take a deep breath on what was recent news to me from Just Bee.

One Of THE tornadoes missed us by 30 miles. It's a total mess. 

Honored Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Oznell 

One of my favorite films and definitely one of Newman's best performances.  Unfortunately, I have no access to TCM this month because we are living in a hotel.  Our house burned on May 5.

Yesterday I was gathering items that will not be restored and one of those items was the VHS version of The Verdict.

Should have had it on DVD.

__________________ @just bee  JUST READ! Have been gone for 4-5 days. Just finished watching my next to TLHS- /Newman & Woodward -1958-   HeartJust Bee, my prayers and heart is with you / we we always be here for youHeart

@Oznell , back in a few minutes. Had to take a deep breath on what was recent news to me from Just Bee.

One Of THE tornadoes missed us by 30 miles. It's a total mess. 

@NAES1 

Our friend in Missouri had his house rebuilt after it was swept away by a tornado.  Ironically, we had decided not to move to the Kansas City area because of those tornadoes.

He has been very helpful and a great source of support for us because he survived the whole process -- and all the insurance issues.

I'm happy to hear you were "missed!" Heart