Honored Contributor

"THE THIN MAN" MOVIES MONDAY UNTIL PRIME TIME EASTERN TCM; THEN EDDIE MULLER AND GANG

8:45 a.m. Eastern--  "The Thin Man"   William Powell, Myrna Loy

TCM leads off New Year's Eve with the first, sparkling "Thin Man", then five more follow in quick succession, ending in "Song of Thin Man" at 6:15 p.m. Eastern.

Prime time New Years Eve starting at 8:00 p.m. Eastern is the various iterations of "That's Entertainment",  I, II, and III.

The fun is, that Eddie Muller has announced that he and the rest of the TCM gang will be on hand to host the "That's Entertainment" showings.  Not sure what form that will take, but with Eddie on board, there should be amusing introductions and one hopes, little intervals with the TCM'ers between the film showings.

Happy New Year's and 2019, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Re: "THE THIN MAN" MOVIES MONDAY UNTIL PRIME TIME EASTERN TCM; THEN EDDIE MULLER AND GANG

Thanks for the heads-up! The Thin Man movies are great, and it might be interesting to see the TCM hosting on NYE.

Honored Contributor

Re: "THE THIN MAN" MOVIES MONDAY UNTIL PRIME TIME EASTERN TCM; THEN EDDIE MULLER AND GANG

I have already planned my day around the Thin Man movies and That's Entertainment Part I, II and III.

I made a big dish of lasagna. That will be dinner tomorrow night. It only has to be heated. Stocked up on spinach artichoke dip, salsa, cheese dip and onion dip. So I am set. I even bought a bottle of peach spumanti. 

I can't wait. 

Honored Contributor

Hey, your spread sounds yummy, @drizzellla.  I think we will have cold shrimp with cocktail sauce for supper.  Haven't thought out the sides yet.  It's the one time of year we can load up on chips and dip w/out guilt too!  Then we always go to our local cheese shop for the combo cheese they call "Huntsman".   It's a delicious layered combo of blue Stilton, and Double Gloucester.  (I couldn't remember if it was called "Huntsman" and went to look it up-- it is.  But I also saw that it is a fave of Prince Charles, ha.  Who knew?)

Then pannetone (sp?) for dessert, nuts, and chocolate.  Bring on 2019!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Hey, your spread sounds yummy, @drizzellla.  I think we will have cold shrimp with cocktail sauce for supper.  Haven't thought out the sides yet.  It's the one time of year we can load up on chips and dip w/out guilt too!  Then we always go to our local cheese shop for the combo cheese they call "Huntsman".   It's a delicious layered combo of blue Stilton, and Double Gloucester.  (I couldn't remember if it was called "Huntsman" and went to look it up-- it is.  But I also saw that it is a fave of Prince Charles, ha.  Who knew?)

Then pannetone (sp?) for dessert, nuts, and chocolate.  Bring on 2019!

Sounds like the type of meal Nick and Nora would enjoy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm already on it...love Nick and Nora.  Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

The Thin Man movies are my absolute favorites.  Thanks for the heads up.  

Honored Contributor

@Oznell We enjoy this series too. Such a fun and safe way to bring in the new year.

Happy New Year to you and your family. I really appreciate your commentaries for TCM movies 🎥.

Super Contributor

@Oznell- On this last day of the year, I want to thank you for all your posts about upcoming movies.  I do check the schedule, but miss some that you post about.  Especially interested in The Thin Man movies - they are favorites that I have watched many times and enjoy every time.

Happy and Healthy New Year to all.

Honored Contributor

Those early Thin Man movies are so bad. Those people are alcholics. Better was the TV show w/ Peter Lwaford(?).