Honored Contributor

"THE REMAINS OF THE DAY" EMMA THOMPSON, ANTHONY HOPKINS SUNDAY 5:30 P.M. EASTERN TCM

5:30 p.m. Eastern-- "The Remains of the Day"  Anthony Hopkins, Emma Thompson, James Fox, Hugh Grant, Christopher Reeve

Exceptional Merchant-Ivory production, in which Anthony Hopkins gives an unforgettable performance as a repressed butler in service to an English aristocrat, Lord Darlington.  Emma Thompson arrives as a youngish housekeeper, and over time, develops deep feelings for Hopkins, but he is somehow unable to reciprocate, caught as he is in his almost fanatical dedication to his job....

Everything about this film is magnificent, beautifully thought-out in the James Ivory/Ismail Merchant manner.  Poignant, thought-provoking, and not to be missed! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_ap4Czeo4Y

Honored Contributor

Re: "THE REMAINS OF THE DAY" EMMA THOMPSON, ANTHONY HOPKINS SUNDAY 5:30 P.M. EASTERN TCM

It’s one of my favorites. I love Emma Thompson and Anthony Hopkins

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: "THE REMAINS OF THE DAY" EMMA THOMPSON, ANTHONY HOPKINS SUNDAY 5:30 P.M. EASTERN TCM

I agree, Oznell, this is definitely a must watch if you appreciate superb acting, a story line which holds you from beginning to end and settings which take you the time and are fabulous!   Hopkins and Thompson are so wonderful in this movie as they are in the 1990's movie  Howard's End.  These are movies I always enjoy and watch because I know there is excellence in every way throughout.

Honored Contributor

It's definitely an excellent movie. I always enjoy performances by both of them. Outstanding production.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

At first I misread and thought I had missed this, that it was for Saturday. I’m delighted that it’s for Sunday and I can record.  I look forward to it! Thank you, @Oznell

Honored Contributor

Saw this, it has to be a winner with Emma and Anthony right?!! Two of my favorites.