Honored Contributor

"THE MALTESE FALCON" HUMPHREY BOGART MARY ASTOR THURSDAY 10;00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

humphrey-bogart-mary-astor-the-maltese-falcon-1942-2015-david-lee-guss.jpg

10:00 p.m. Eastern--  "The Maltese Falcon"   Humphrey Bogart, Mary Astor, Peter Lorre, Sydney Greenstreet, Gladys George, Lee Patrick, Ward Bond, Elisha Cook Jr., Barton MacLane, Jerome Cowan

John Huston's legendary mystery classic never gets old, for me.  It has added interest since some film lovers keep a raging debate going that it is the first "real" film noir,  while others vehemently disagree.

It's the stellar cast that never stops giving-- Bogey, the superb Mary Astor, Peter Lorre, Elisha Cook, Sydney Greenstreet---  and "the bird",  of course......

Preceded by director Huston's other, wry adventure-romance, "The African Queen at 8:00 p.m. Eastern. 

Respected Contributor

Re: "THE MALTESE FALCON" HUMPHREY BOGART MARY ASTOR THURSDAY 10;00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

The Maltese Falcon is a favorite as is Humphery Bogart. We have been watching The Waltons every night for about two weeks. He tapes and we have been watching every night for about two weeks with more to tape. Really liking the Waltons.

Honored Contributor

Re: "THE MALTESE FALCON" HUMPHREY BOGART MARY ASTOR THURSDAY 10;00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

@Oznell  Smiley LOL at the 1 red fingernail polish.  Not shown on the original pic.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Catiele,  I haven't seen the Waltons in a long time.  Love sensitive young aspiring writer,  John-Boy!   Richard Thomas was so well-cast...

I wondered about that one bright red polished fignernail too, @Mz iMac --  didn't even notice it until I posted the picture here...  someone's idea of a little fun, no doubt... 

Honored Contributor

Darn, missed my fave To Have and Have Not. I need to record it. When I quit Direct tv, they took all my favorite movies with them. I'm starting all over with Dish. 

Honored Contributor

He looks like he doesn't believe a word she's saying.

humphrey-bogart-mary-astor-the-maltese-falcon-1942-2015-david-lee-guss.jpg

Honored Contributor

Ha, ha, @Judaline --  and he was right!