Honored Contributor

"THE LADY VANISHES" MARGARET LOCKWOOD, MICHAEL REDGRAVE MONDAY 11:15 P.M. EASTERN TCM

11:15 p.m. Eastern--  "The Lady Vanishes"  Margaret Lockwood, Michael Redgrave, Dame May Whitty, Cecil Parker

Highly regarded 1938 Hitchcock suspenser.  Lovers of "train movies" please note.  Young woman (Lockwood) traveling in Europe raises a fuss when an older woman (Whitty) seemingly disappears from the train.  Further complicating matters, some passengers claim never to have seen the vanished woman in the first place...

Stellar British cast and top script.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=5dPl5LVYSAo

Valued Contributor

Re: "THE LADY VANISHES" MARGARET LOCKWOOD, MICHAEL REDGRAVE MONDAY 11:15 P.M. EASTERN TCM

I love this movie!  In fact, DVR will be getting a workout tonight on TCM. The Mad Miss Manton, Nancy Drew, Smart Blonde—all kinds of great sleuths. 

Honored Contributor

Re: "THE LADY VANISHES" MARGARET LOCKWOOD, MICHAEL REDGRAVE MONDAY 11:15 P.M. EASTERN TCM

[ Edited ]

Oh, thank you for mentioning them, @Ruby Laine --  they're all goodies.  There's someone here who is a real Nancy Drew fan I think-- hope she sees your post.

I think Glenda Farrell is so stylish and savvy as girl reporter "Torchy Blane" in "Smart Blonde".