Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: "THE LADY EVE" BARBARA STANWYCK, HENRY FONDA THURSDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

This is one of my favorite "screwball comedies" along with Ball of Fire also starring Barbara S and Gary Cooper who, IMO, should have done more comedy.  What a hoot!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@lil spot, @golding76, @drizzellla --  Yeah, wasn't that a fun thing for them to offer?  They had things like Crawford's famous aquamarine jewelry, some items I think from Paulette Goddard's famous personal collection (which like Merle Oberon, she also wore in her films) etc. etc.  I remember loving many pieces, but only got the one.  I was very surprised at how well it was made.  I'm not sure, but I think that was the line they had New York 'columnist supreme' Cindy Adams as the spokesperson for.  She was perfect, modeling the jewelry and kibbitzing and providing background info on the pieces!

These aren't great shots of it, but here it is.  Note that they have it attached to a necklace so she can also wear it as a choker.  Mine didn't come with a full necklace, but sure enough, it has loops on the back, so you can thread a chain through it.  I've worn it both ways.

do-you-like-any-of-the-rest-of-me.jpg

WOW! OH! WOW! You bought a beauty! And how many years later and it is still a stunning piece of jewelry. Glad you bought it. Smart move.

Honored Contributor

I am proud to be among the legion of Stanwyck fans and this movie shows her fun side as does one of my favorite holiday movies, Christmas in Connecticut.  I also love that house!  Stanwyck definitely ranks among my favorite movie queens along with Bette, Susan Hayworth.  When you are an actress of excellence, every movie is a hit.

I just saw Henry Fonda in Mr. Roberts which I love, the role was made for him.  Jack Lemmon and James Cagney shine in this movie also.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks again. 12 Angry Men is right after in so cal.

Honored Contributor

For me it was just OK, very predictble comedy, best part for me were the scenes with Wm Demarest, fun to see Uncle Charlie in his earlier roles which he played to perfection. 

Super Contributor

Love the movie but her British accent is not convincing, don't know if that was on purpose or not.