Trusted Contributor

Re: "THE BIG CLOCK" RAY MILLAND MAUREEN O'SULLIVAN SATURDAY MIDNIGHT AND SUNDAY 10:00 A.M.

Elsa LANCASTER is how I always pronounced her name...but I just watched an interview with her and ****** Cavett on YouTube and she said her name is pronounced LANCHESTER, just as it's spelled.
Honored Contributor

Re: "THE BIG CLOCK" RAY MILLAND MAUREEN O'SULLIVAN SATURDAY MIDNIGHT AND SUNDAY 10:00 A.M.

@Oznell wrote:

Yeah, @Pearlee, he was so nefarious in that.  Give him another chance, though

I think I became a fan of Ray Milland after reading an article about him in Now Playing. The magazine printed by TCM. It made me pay attention to more of his works besides Dial M for Murder.

He could do it all,  light comedy, The Major and the Minor. A sports movie, It Happens Every Spring. He was able to work well with animals - Rhubarb. And also rip your heart out in, Lost Weekend.

He had 177 credits to his name. A busy man and so glad I watched the movie The Big Clock, Thanks Oznell. I would not have watched it except for your review.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

Yeah, @Pearlee, he was so nefarious in that.  Give him another chance, though

I think I became a fan of Ray Milland after reading an article about him in Now Playing. The magazine printed by TCM. It made me pay attention to more of his works besides Dial M for Murder.

He could do it all,  light comedy, The Major and the Minor. A sports movie, It Happens Every Spring. He was able to work well with animals - Rhubarb. And also rip your heart out in, Lost Weekend.

He had 177 credits to his name. A busy man and so glad I watched the movie The Big Clock, Thanks Oznell. I would not have watched it except for your review.

It Happens Every Spring has special memories for me. The Major and the Minor was so funny. Yep, he certainly could do it all.

I just looked up his wife. A non show biz person it seems. They were married till he died-over 50 years.

We watched The Big Clock this afternoon. My DH laughed a lot. There were some funny parts, like when they were trying to find the murderer and they were all in the bldg. where the whole movie takes place-all different descriptions of the killer, people running around, doors slamming, I mean it was really funny. All we needed was the Marx Brothers.