Honored Contributor

Re: "SUSPICION" CARY GRANT, JOAN FONTAINE SUNDAY 4:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

@artisto  Completely agree!  Both of those are superior to Suspicion and Rebecca especially is rarely shown.  I keep forgetting that Rebecca is a Hitchcock film and one of his greats.

Honored Contributor

Excellent movie watching!  Love these type movies.

Honored Contributor

So true, @artisto --  I'm baffled as to why they don't show the brilliant "Notorious" at least as often as other Hitchcocks.

But they seem to have their "favorites" and weird quirks.  Another example, they show the same, frequently-aired Susan Hayward films over and over, ignoring some of her other, essential work.  The same is true of many other directors and actors-- some get over-played, and others rarely see the light of day...

I always notice new things to savor in Hitchcock.  In "Suspicion",  my favorite scene is the delicious, uneasy dinner party scene with their friend the writer-hostess vigorously discussing different murder methods.  A lot going on in that scene, very rich!

Honored Contributor

Here's. part of that dinner party scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzPBbM3qX14

Esteemed Contributor

Great film.  I love Alfred Hitchcock!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Oznell   I've already got this one taped.

I want to thank you for recommending Witness for the Prosecution which I watched last night.  I now have a new favorite film....total joy watching and savoring every moment!  Charles Laughton...such a gift.  Much appreciation for your recommendation.  

Did you happen to see "Hunchback of Notre Dame" today? I can not believe that was the same Charles Laughton. I am going to watch it again on Watch TCM.

PS - I watched "Suspicion" until Beaky died and then I had to start making dinner. Guess I will catch the end, on Watch TCM too.

Valued Contributor

I'll watch practically any Hitchcock film again and again.  Recorded Suspicion today.

Off topic, but I so miss the films they used to show on TCM.  Anyone remember Love With The Proper Stranger, starring the great Natalie Wood and Steve McQueen?  That used to be on fairlly frequently.  Also Summertime, starring Katherine Hepburn and Rossano Brazzi.  I lost both of them when I had to replace my DRV box and it broke my heart.  Another favorite is Marnie, with Tippi Hedren and Sean Connery.  

It's like they only have license to show a limited number of films these days, over and over.  Gone With The Wind AGAIN today.  Come on.

Apologies to Oznell....just needed to get that off my chest. LOL

Honored Contributor

Agreed, @Tessa Mendoza !   At least they did show "Summertime" relatively recently, unless I'm mistaken...

The repetition problem has been even worse recently since this is Oscar Month for them, when they show films that have won Oscars in various categories.  So they often end up showing films again that were very recently on their rotation, grrr!

They would do well to shake up the scheduling rut they've gotten into...