Honored Contributor

"SEND ME NO FLOWERS" DORIS DAY ROCK HUDSON SUNDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

4d89be6c-2843-41d4-be18-2bb5172195f7_1.0a69107fdac01b05fc65a1570f1b509e.jpeg

Sunday, 8:00 p.m. Eastern-- "Send Me No Flowers"   Doris Day, Rock Hudson, Tony Randall, Edward Andrews

Hilarious suburban farce, my favorite of the Rock and Doris outings.  The setting is kandy-colored perfect, the situations are absurd, and Doris and Rock are so on their game, ably supported by Tony and an expert comedic cast.

That zany extended scene on the golf course, with hypochondriac "George" (Rock) plotting to ensure "Judy's" (Doris's) happiness after his supposed demise, is just one of the many pleasures of the movie.  Rock, especially seems to be released to unleash his undeniable talent for comedy, which shines here in so many scenes.

Flowers3.jpg

Enjoyable.

7aa80e5c5b90cb111a48cc8b2dc3037f.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: "SEND ME NO FLOWERS" DORIS DAY ROCK HUDSON SUNDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

Last Sunday I watched Pillow Talk. It is one of my favorite Day/Hudson movies.

Respected Contributor

To be sitting between Rock Hudson and Clint Walker, which direction does a girl look?

Honored Contributor

I love the movies mentioned, but my favorites are Move Over, Darling,  The Thrill of it All,  A Touch of Mink, and Please, Don't Eat the Daisies.  Then, On Moonlight Bay and By the Light of the Silvery Moon.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  - I love this movie and have it on DVD.  It is my favorite of the three they made together.  I'll be watching.

Honored Contributor

Hands down, Tony Randall is the funniest thing in the movie, especially the scene where, step-by-step, he scraps the kind remarks in George’s eulogy.
Honored Contributor

All of Doris Day movies are special, both the comedies and dramas.  Send me No Flowers is definitely a good one with Rock playing the hypochondriac!  I also enjoy Tony Randall in these movies, he adds to the blend and the comedy.  

Doris Day and Rock Hudson were perfect in these movies and they were hits, the supporting cast was always a part of their success.

To add, Doris always looked so chic and beautifully dressed, her clothes so fashionable.