Respected Contributor

I hadn't read about the actor that played Mark. Too bad. I thought he was good at playing the character as dense! 

I was surprised when an adult DJ showed up as I had read once that he died of a drug ovedose but my husband said to check out Snopes --I never got around to it--but I guess that was not true! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45I see alot of people missing, like Little Jerry, Rosanne and Dan's little boy, Jackie's little boy Andy,and I wonder who the little black girl is,David , Darlene's husband, and who would the little girl sitting next to Jackie be. It looks weird already. And apparently Rosanne's Mother must have died. I so want to like this.Time will tell. I trying not to expect much and be really disappointed. I wanted "Mike and Molly" to survive, but most of the sitcome's are so stupid.

Respected Contributor

I was also wondering where Andy and Jerry are.  At first I thought maybe the kid in the plaid skirt was Andy, but that kid is too young.  

I think I read the little girl is DJ's daughter.

Respected Contributor

@threeceesI heard "The Middle" is being cancelled. I really do think it has run it's time, the kids are all grown and it is getting really wierd. I still watch the reruns.That was a good show back in the day.

Honored Contributor

I never watched the show when it originally aired.  Would see re-runs and it just totally turned me off.  It wasn't even the brassiness of Roseanne.

Had more to do with the set.  lol  Very grungy, dirty looking, depressing.  

Sometimes I forget to set the TV timer and wake up and Rosanne re-runs are on.  Instead of watching the show, I drift off wondering if you can use a carpet shampooer on her wicked plaid couch, and would it come clean.

Dan's jeans and plaid shirts always look like he picked them up out of the dirty clothes pile.  I know that's what they want to give the impression as, but as a whole he looks so unhealthy, from his head all the way to his toes.

Roseanne looks so different towards the end of the orig series.  The plastic surgery and the hair (dark, long and straight), she actually looked exotic.  lol

Even when she was at her heaviest, her hands were always so slender looking and she used them almost elegantly.  

I will watch the new show, just to see....

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepywrote:

I was also wondering where Andy and Jerry are.  At first I thought maybe the kid in the plaid skirt was Andy, but that kid is too young.  

I think I read the little girl is DJ's daughter.

I think Jerry and Andy would be grown up now?  Also the little girl is DJ's  I think I read that in the storyline he married the girl from the play that he did not want to kiss.  In the picture I thought I was seeing two Darlenes lol.  They did a great job casting her daughter.  I am hoping the friends are back that Roseanne and Dan hung out with.

Respected Contributor

We know at least Arnie won't be back lol

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepywrote:

We know at least Arnie won't be back lol

Lol. Although he and Roseanne did make up.  I think they are friends now.

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypaywrote:

I hadn't read about the actor that played Mark. Too bad. I thought he was good at playing the character as dense! 

I was surprised when an adult DJ showed up as I had read once that he died of a drug ovedose but my husband said to check out Snopes --I never got around to it--but I guess that was not true! Smiley Happy

@okaywitheasypay  It was the actor that played Mark who overdosed, said to have been a suicide.  Maybe it was the age old story about someone wanting to continue in acting, but after the successful series was over, couldn't get work in the field, as I recall I read something along this line, but google will tell.

Esteemed Contributor

@BeccaLou

I still watch The Middle. Yes it has definitely run its course. Maybe Roseanne will take that time slot temporarily and then The Middle will finish up the season when it returns.

I wonder if The Middle or Roseanne will touch on the upcoming royal wedding. I remember when Kate and William married Frankie stayed up all night to watch. It 

was funny then but when the kids grow up, not so much.

I can't wait for Roseanne to return. Hope it is good!