Honored Contributor

@sophiamariewrote:

@Noel7wrote:

I sure don't think you have to be of a certain economic level or class to like a show with a different view.

Hello, Archie Bunker.

@Noel7  Hi - That's exactly what I was thinking, when I read that other post.  You took the words right outta my fingers.  Smiley Wink

That was such a great show @sophiamarie Smiley Happy  And it definitely portrayed a Blue Collar family.  I just adored Edith.

Respected Contributor

I liked Roseanne the show--years ago. I stopped watching because of Roseanne Barr was obnoxious and I didn't feel like supporting her lifestyle.  She was really off the wall then and it didn't have anything to do with politics.

However, I am seeing a lot of reboots these days and I think it's because they really run out of good ideas and plot lines. There's a lot of junk out there.

(Yes, I know Lucy and Bob Newhart also did reboots.  Those networks were hoping to pump up ratings.Sometimes it worked. Sometimes it didn't.)

Now she's older and wiser. Let's see how it translates in 2018.

Esteemed Contributor

What about Darlene’s husband David. Obviously he has a contract with NBC and Big Bang. I wonder how they will explain that. Did they mention it on 20/20.

Esteemed Contributor

What about Darlene’s husband David. Obviously he has a contract with NBC and Big Bang. I wonder how they will explain that. Did they mention it on 20/20.    

Honored Contributor

@ccassadaywrote:

Original David will be on the show.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypaywrote:

I just caught the last of 20/20 . I wish I had remembered it was on. I look forward to the new series. I always enjoyed most of the old series. After they won the lottery I thought it went downhill in laughs. I believe they said that storyline was to have been Roseanne's fictional writing and that will be how they will explain Dan's demise.

The National Anthem fiasco was mentioned . Roseanne was asked to sing even though she obviously couldn't ! She noted how BAD she was and tried to compensate by using what she considered comedy by spitting and scratching (like ball players) . It didn't work. I agree ---not one of her finest moments! 

Was it mentioned whether Becky's husband (Mark ) will be in it? I do not see him in the picture.

Sadly I believe he died a few years ago

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919wrote:

@ccassadaywrote:

Original David will be on the show.Smiley Happy

@sunshine 919

i believe i read he is only on for one show.

did you all know that glenn quinn (mark) was actually irish? he really did an excellent american accent.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I'm looking forward to the show.  I missed the 20/20 interview, but it should be interesting to see how the new run of this will play out.  I'm a huge fan of watching Cozi TV, Antenna TV, and TV Land, so these reboots of popular tv shows I'm really loving.    

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirlThe guy that played Mark on Roseanne died in real life a few years back.And they are supposed to explain him away, by saying that he was killed in Iraq for the show.Is this New Rosanne only being show on Netflix?

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLouwrote:

@mousiegirlThe guy that played Mark on Roseanne died in real life a few years back.And they are supposed to explain him away, by saying that he was killed in Iraq for the show.Is this New Rosanne only being show on Netflix?

@BeccaLou  Yes, I know he died, as I posted, but I didn't know how it would be explained.  It will be on ABC beginning March 27, 8:00PM