Respected Contributor

Are there any original thinkers in Hollywood? So tired of retreads in TV and movies.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

Loud and obnoxious show.  I didn't like it the first time around, don't plan on watching this reboot either. 

Honored Contributor

Re: "Roseanne: The Return"

[ Edited ]

I think RB has mellowed out some since her earlier years....but I will  never forget her rendition of the National Anthem.... made me sick to my stomach!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ru2BYd3c90w

Will I watch the new show? Maybe the first show just to see how they bring Dan back from the dead....

Trusted Contributor

I too never liked the original and failed to see the humor in it.  Big, loud obnoxious parents bouncing off their kids and Roseanne's tv sis.  Fans will have to let us know how they like it and if it's worth watching.  I won't bother recording.  

Honored Contributor

It was a world very much seen through “stylized as archetypal” blue collar (accurate or not), and if that isn’t your life (as they live it), there’s not much to relate to. They’re almost...not a parody, but an exaggeration.

The new ads, which prominently feature Roseanne’s “signature cackle” repeated throughout, are a total turnoff and remind me why I can’t stand her. I’m already ST*U, unprintable.

AFAIC, if you basically don’t like Roseanne the person, there’s not going to be much to watch on Roseanne the show, since she has the control and it’s all her POV. The scripts will be topical in a way that is probably going to tank it one way or another.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I saw (or heard) something about it would be a 'commentary on the events of today' (paraphrasing).

That looses me right there.  There's enough commentary on everything.  

One reason why I watch the soaps and QVC is to get away from all of the commentary!  Ugh!

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder how they will explain David missing. Will Darlene be divorced. Obviously they couldn’t get in because of his Big Bang contract.

Respected Contributor

I just remember not liking the last year of the show.  and then not liking her on talk shows like Oprah.  I don't think I'll watch it.

Esteemed Contributor

@reiki604wrote:

Are there any original thinkers in Hollywood? So tired of retreads in TV and movies.

--------------------

Exactly my thoughts!!!  What happened to the creative, dynamic TV show and movie writers??  I never watched the first Rosanne series, so definitely will not be watching this time around either.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think the show is going back to its original timeslot at 8:00 pm Tuesdays.

I will watch. I watched this when I was a teenager.

Anybody know what time The Middle will be moved to?