Honored Contributor

"Roseanne: The Return"

[ Edited ]

for those interested......

i have to record this because of the olympics and top chef, but if you are interested in the new roseanne show, you may want to watch 20/20 this evening for a sneak peek and interviews.

TONIGHT 2/15/18: See the cast of Roseanne in an all-new revealing reunion! What don't you yet know about the new Roseanne? WATCH/DVR: "Roseanne: The Return" - a special #ABC2020 airs at 10|9c on ABC. Hosted by Joy Behar. #Roseanne

https://s.abcnews.com/images/Entertainment/roseanne-show-reboot-cast-gty-ht-hb-180213_4x3_992.jpg

"Roseanne," the ABC sitcom that broke new ground and dominated ratings in its original run, will return with all-new episodes, in a special hour-long premiere, March 27, 2018 at 8:00 p.m. on ABC.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: "Roseanne: The Return"

[ Edited ]

Meh.

Some shows need to stay in the archives.  I liked the original but reading what will take place in this "new" return-it sounds like a disaster. 

jmoymmv

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Predict this won’t make it.  Even the new Will and Grace just isn’t that funny...

Honored Contributor

Didn't the John Goodman character the father die in the original series?  If so, how are they going to explain him coming back from the dead in this new series?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: "Roseanne: The Return"

[ Edited ]

I see they hired a girl who looks just like the Darlene character to play her daughter. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMacwrote:

Didn't the John Goodman character the father die in the original series?  If so, how are they going to explain him coming back from the dead in this new series?

@Mz iMac
i am not sure. i have heard very little about what is going to take place during this limited series (9 episodes.)  i am looking forward to the 20/20 show.....and then watching the series. i hope they capture the fun and brilliance of the first few seasons.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

by the way, they originally were going to do 8 episodes, but it was bumped up to 9

Valued Contributor

I can't wait! Loved the original....love Will & Grace 2.0...I'm optimistic that it'll be good.  I can always use a good laugh! In the past I've had numerous sitcoms to keep up with; now there is W & G, The Middle, and Mom for me. There are several others that I catch on occasion, but I can take 'em or leave 'em.

Respected Contributor

I see both actresses who played "Becky" in the photo.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, I didn't realize that 20/20 was going to be about "Roseanne" tonight.  Thanks for the information @sunshine45; I'll be sure to record it.  Looking forward to seeing the cast!