Honored Contributor

"Remember the Night" Christmas Movie TCM 9:45 p.m. Eastern

Yay. I just noticed that "Remember the NIght" is on tonight on Turner Classic Movies at 9:45 p.m.--   Barbara Stanwyck is a petty crook (shoplifting?), wrong-side-of-the-tracks kind of girl. Fred MacMurray is an assistant district attorney.

Through a crazy, improbable series of events, Fred ends up having to take her into custody and bring her along to spend Christmas back at his family farm with his mother.

Christmas exerts its healing, redemptive influence, and the bitter, cynical, bruised, Stanwyck responds to the kindness and stabliity she encounters in this home, so unlike the one she grew up in.

A lovely little film for the season...

Super Contributor

Re: "Remember the Night" Christmas Movie TCM 9:45 p.m. Eastern

I've had my DVR set for a few days now. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Barbara Stanwyck and Fred MacMurray are two of my favorite actors. I love when they go back to his family farm and how precious his mother is to her.

Honored Contributor

Exactly, lil spot!  I was thinking the same thing as I was typing.  Love the way Beulah Bondi as Fred's loving, clear-eyed mother relates to Barbara Stanwyck's troubled character.  She's a mensche (sp?).

I also like the coupling of MacMurray and Stanwyck.  He has a kind of Midwestern strength and groundedness which is a perfect foil to Stanwyck's street-wise charisma and volatility...

In addition to everything else, the comedic moments in this film bring a lot of sparkle!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @Oznell DVR is set

then next is A Christmas Carol the best version IMHO

Valued Contributor

That has become one of my favorite Christmas movies. I only discovered it about 3 years ago. I love it when Sterling Holloway sings "The End of a Perfect Day" - he does a great job. It really is a wonderful movie with a great cast and story.
Super Contributor

Thanks! I read this at 930, so just in time I've set my TiVo. I've never seen this movie, looking forward to it

Respected Contributor

@Oznell ~ thank you for the heads up.  I usually cruise channels, and especially TCM.  I have GCI cable TCM is on channel 44.  Remember the Night started at 5:30pm which is early, but also nice to watch while having dinner.  This is the second time watching it.  I remember enjoying it when I saw it, just like all her films.  I really like Barbara Stanwyck, she was smart, sassy, spunkie and sexy!  

Esteemed Contributor

Darn it-its almost over-It sounded good. Maybe ijt will be on again.
Honored Contributor

I'm watching it now.  For the umpteenth time, lol.  I love Barbara Stanwyck.  Hopefully, I can stay awake for A Christmas Carol.  My eyes are getting heavy.  It might be on again on Christmas Day, though.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

This is one of those sleeper movies if you ask me. I have it recorded-somewhere, it's been a while.

Yesterday on Lux Radio Theater, I heard A Holiday Affair with the original cast! They don't always have the original cast so this was unusual. Colonel Potter (I'll always call him that) wasn't the judge, but all the main characters were there. Terrific.