Honored Contributor

"REMEMBER THE NIGHT" BARBARA STANWYCK, FRED MACMURRAY FRIDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

barbara-stanwyck-fred-macmurray-beulah-bondi-in-remember-the-night.png

8:00 p.m. Eastern --  "Remember the Night"   Fred MacMurray, Barbara Stanwyck, Beulah Bondi, Elizabeth Patterson, Willard Robertson

08-barbara-stanwyck.jpg

Stanwyck shines as a "street urchin" type thief, who crosses paths with urban prosecutor Fred MacMurray, and through a series of wacky circumstances, spends Christmas with him and his homespun heartland family.

Romantic, bittersweet, comical, thought-provoking.  I always try to alert this Christmas movie, one of my favorites.  It has everything-- a great story of redemption, and strong performances by all.  Always love both Stanwyck and MacMurray and their chemistry.

MV5BMjU3ODZhMDctYTU3Yi00MWUzLWJkMjItNjlmM2FkMTJiNjU3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ2NTAzMjQ@._V1_.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: "REMEMBER THE NIGHT" BARBARA STANWYCK, FRED MACMURRAY FRIDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

Another great Stanwyck/MacMurray pairing.  Very enjoyable!

Respected Contributor

Re: "REMEMBER THE NIGHT" BARBARA STANWYCK, FRED MACMURRAY FRIDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

I love this movie!  Growing up with My Three Sons and Big Valley, it is always a treat for me to enjoy Fred MacMurray and Barbara Stanwyck in a great movie....as a kid, I didn't realize what fabulous movies they had made!

Frequent Contributor

I have been waiting all year for this movie. I've only seen it once before. Not a boring scene in it. Thanks! I will be glued to the tv tonight.

@Oznell 

Esteemed Contributor

OMG! I forgot about this great classic. Thanks @Oznell  your always on it for me! 🎄🎅

Honored Contributor

AND if you happen to tune in to watch "Remember the Night" a bit early, you can watch "Best Years of Our Lives".

What a line up.

Respected Contributor

It's a real heart-wrencher, and I'll be watching it again tonight. Thanks for the reminder.

Valued Contributor

Great movie with a perfect cast - this is one of my favorites too. I love when Sterling Holloway sings "The End of a Perfect Day" - you can see the effects that the song and being with a loving family has on Barbara's character. I love the old stone farmhouse too!

Honored Contributor

That is such a choice scene, observant @cimeranrose ,  so touching in many ways....   I too love that farmhouse, and the sweet family atmosphere that pervades it. 

Respected Contributor

Have to say not one of my favorite classic holiday movies.