Honored Contributor

Re: "RAWHIDE" TV SERIES: ERIC FLEMING, CLINT EASTWOOD SATURDAYS 3:00 P.M. EASTERN METV

Exactly, @drizzellla ,  Clint looks like such a gangly youth in this!   I love getting to see him at the start of his fabulous career, and he's perfect as impetuous "Rowdy".

I'm taping some of the airings on FETV,  as well as ME, and they're a bit farther ahead.  One of them is in Season 2,  "The Incident of the Stargazer".   It has very little of my two faves, Clint and Eric Fleming, but is still so good.

Pete is scouting in the wilderness for the drovers, and he comes upon a refined, slightly dazed woman from Philadelphia who is let off by the stage coach in the middle of nowhere.   She is returning to her husband, an aloof astronomer who has set up an observatory at their house.

Strangely, he is not there to meet her, so kindly Pete offers to take her the 30 miles to her elaborate, isolated ranch.  The whole story unfolds from there, with similarities to "Gaslight",  right there in the wild West.

And Buddy Ebsen plays a quietly terrifying schemer!

Love these unusual, somewhat haunting episodes.  If you're still watching by Season 2, I think you'd like this one...

Honored Contributor

Re: "RAWHIDE" TV SERIES: ERIC FLEMING, CLINT EASTWOOD SATURDAYS 3:00 P.M. EASTERN METV

🎂Celebrating Eric Fleming, born on this day in 1925.

💵Before his Rawhide days, Fleming worked at Paramount Studios as a construction worker. He bet an actor $100 he could do a better audition. Fleming lost the bet, but was determined to get the $100 back through acting. He enrolled in acting classes at the studio in the evenings, and earned roles in low-budget films before landing the starring role on Rawhide.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'fetv BORN ON THIS DAY ERIC FLEMING 1925'
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

While I liked the catchy theme song as I watched this show in the 1960s nowadays I don't because you hear a whip during it, as in whipping the cattle to move along. The song is good but I hate the whip.

Pearlee - OMG I thought it was just me!  I love the old shows on MeTV and when Rawhide was on I recorded it for my DH as he is a huge Clint fan and he was so very, very young.  Like you, I always liked that song but when I actually heard the whip when he was among the cattle,  I was so repulsed and thought it was horrible, erased the tape and never watched again.