Honored Contributor

"QUEEN ELIZABETH II" SUNDAY 10:00 P.M. EASTERN FOX NEWS CHANNEL

Sorry for the lateness of the alert!

Sunday 10:00 p.m. Eastern FNC--   "Queen Elizabeth II":

A commemorative look back from childhood at the life of Queen Elizabeth II.

By the way,  here's the newly released portrait commemmorating the Platinum Jubilee.   Vibrant, handsome portrait.  Love the aquamarine brooches, too:

Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 8.05.34 PM.png

Honored Contributor

Re: "QUEEN ELIZABETH II" SUNDAY 10:00 P.M. EASTERN FOX NEWS CHANNEL

Live network coverage of funeral beginning 12:00 a.m. Pacific

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yeah, the funeral will be 'must-see' tomorrow, @Desertdi .   I'm mad because I have a medical appt. tomorrow morning--  so will have to tape the funeral. 

It's silly, but when I'm getting ready for an appointment like that, I can never relax and enjoy-- to the fullest extent-- a fascinating production like that funeral will be.  A little bit of nerves, and anticipatory "white coat syndrome", probably!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Yeah, the funeral will be 'must-see' tomorrow, @Desertdi .   I'm mad because I have a medical appt. tomorrow morning--  so will have to tape the funeral. 

It's silly, but when I'm getting ready for an appointment like that, I can never relax and enjoy-- to the fullest extent-- a fascinating production like that funeral will be.  A little bit of nerves, and anticipatory "white coat syndrome", probably!

@Oznell    I know the "white coat" feeling...my BP soars off the chart  just to walk in the dentist's office...   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Ditto, di!

Honored Contributor

Watching the bio now--  love that they've got Edward talking about his mother.  People seem to know less about him than the other siblings.   He has an interesting, clipped, brisk way of talking, that sort of belies his former image of being sweet but a bit "wet",  to use a British term.

He's a lot "crisper" than that, which I like.

Honored Contributor

I won't be watching anymore coverage as I have had my fill but that is an exceptional picture of the Queen 👸 

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Oznell! I saw your email right before it started! I did decide to DVR as well, because I know how things work around here, and chances of my getting to watch uninterrupted are slim! 

I thought I was going to have to DVR everything tomorrow, but believe it or not, my schedule changed and I am not going to have to go in tomorrow morning! So I plan to watch live.

DD and I went to our favorite tea house today. One of the rooms is dedicated to the Queen, with pictures and mementos all around. Although we didn't sit there,  we stopped in before we left and looked at everything. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I took a vacation day on Monday so I will be watching the live coverage of the services starting at 1:00 a.m. PST time on CNN. 

The coverage is supposed to end at 10:00 a.m. PST and I will immediately be taking a nap. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Queen Elizabeth has always been one of my favorite people.

I have been watching a few channels all week, including BBC.

It’s so hard for me to believe she is really gone.

When you think of what she accomplished in her seventy years on the throne, her worldwide respect, beginning when she was incredibly young, a mother with two little ones, in an era where woman were not often taken seriously.

The latest portrait found reflects her beauty of spirit that shows in her still-beautiful place.  May she Rest In Peace.