Honored Contributor

"People Will Talk"-- Cary Grant TCM Noon, then "Rear Window 8:00 p.m. Eastern

When you see Cary Grant and Jeanne Crain together on screen, you are seeing two of the most beautiful people ever photographed, no?  Luminous brunette heaven!

Cary is a doctor and medical professor, and Jeanne Crain a student who has a secret-- pregnancy by someone else.  Improbably, but happily, they end up being meant for each other.  But there are other secrets that threaten their happy little world...

Great cast, including Hume Cronyn (as a crusty, Scrooge-like professor if I'm remembering right?)  Sweet story.

And then, for all you "Rear Window' fans, that's on at 8:00 p.m. Eastern.

Honored Contributor

Re: "People Will Talk"-- Cary Grant TCM Noon, then "Rear Window 8:00 p.m. Eastern

I've seen 'People will Talk' a few times over the years.  It is a very nice movie with two actors that I really like.  Amazing how the subject matter was handled without sex being brought to the forefront which at that time was a definite no-no.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Re: "People Will Talk"-- Cary Grant TCM Noon, then "Rear Window 8:00 p.m. Eastern

Yes, @Mmsfoxxie, that's one of the things I like about vintage films.  Everyone knew what was going on, but there didn't need to be a lot of graphic exposition.  Erring on the side of subtlety is definitely my speed!

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell

Thanks for letting us know.  I just recorded both.

Jamma

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, goody, Oznell.  Another opportunity to admire Grace Kelly in her voguish Edith Head-designed wardrobe in Rear Window and catch the moment when she is reading Harper's Bazaar.

Image result for grace kelly reading fashion magazine in rear windowGrace Kelly reading Harper's Bazaar in Rear Window.

Honored Contributor

I've always like this Grant film, and I've liked "The Talk Of The Town" (also with Grant) even better, although I mix the two up in my mind regarding their plots, for obvious reasons.  The Talk of the Town isn't shown nearly as often but it's really a good movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0035417/

Honored Contributor

Yes, it is, Pearley!  What a love triangle, too-- Jean Arthur, Cary Grant and Ronald Colman!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I will be watching "Rear Window" again - probably saw it about a hundred times.  But still love it.  And most of Hitchcock's films.