Honored Contributor

"PATTON" GEORGE C. SCOTT THURSDAY 3:10 A.M. EASTERN FOX MOVIE CHANNEL

3:10 a.m. Eastern Fox Movie Channel Thursday  --  "Patton"  George C. Scott, Karl Malden, Michael Bates, Edward Binns, John Doucette, Tim Considine

Multi-Oscar winning portrait of the brilliant, controversial, flamboyant general of World War II.    In a career full of show-stopping performances, George C. Scott almost outdoes himself embodying this fascinating, complex, indomitable figure.  Karl Malden is also fabulous as General Omar Bradley.

Won Oscars for "Best Picture",  "Best Director",  "Best Original Screenplay",  "Best Art Direction",  Best Sound".

Received nominations for:  "Best Cinematography,  "Best Music, Original Score",  "Best Visual Effects".

George C. Scott won "Best Actor" for his titanic performance, but true to his contrary self, refused the Oscar on the grounds that acting shouldn't be a competition.  He was the first actor to do so.

To me, he was one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, of American actors of the post-classic Hollywood age, and richly deserved every accolade he got!

Well, well worth recording the wee-hours airing of this cinema classic.

Valued Contributor

Re: "PATTON" GEORGE C. SCOTT THURSDAY 3:10 A.M. EASTERN FOX MOVIE CHANNEL

Thanks for sharing.My husbands favorite.Told him only reason we moved in our house cause on Patton street.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Patton was an interesting  man. The book abt him  Killing Patton was  very interesting.

Honored Contributor

Cool, @red&curly !

@skatting44,  I've not read any bios of him, but  would be interested to know if you agree with several of Patton's biographers that there was foul play, rather than an "accident",  that caused his death?  It seemed like too many coincidences occurred, with several "near-miss" accidents that occured at the end of his life...

Valued Contributor

@skatting44 That was a good book.Several of those books good reading.Killing Lincoln was my fave.
Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Cool, @red&curly !

@skatting44,  I've not read any bios of him, but  would be interested to know if you agree with several of Patton's biographers that there was foul play, rather than an "accident",  that caused his death?  It seemed like too many coincidences occurred, with several "near-miss" accidents that occured at the end of his life...

I have always thought that too ....

Respected Contributor

I caught George last week in his performance in " The Hustler "

Esteemed Contributor

@red&curly wrote:
@skatting44That was a good book.Several of those books good reading.Killing Lincoln was my fave.

Thanks, thought  as most of these  pots go that I'd receive alot of negative posts abt reading this book . Appreciate  your post

Agree , I read Killing Reagan  & Killing Patton . I purchased Killing the Rising Sun , but haven't read it as yet. I'll keep Lincoln on my  next to read list.

Respected Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

@red&curly wrote:
@skatting44That was a good book.Several of those books good reading.Killing Lincoln was my fave.

Thanks, thought  as most of these  pots go that I'd receive alot of negative posts abt reading this book . Appreciate  your post

Agree , I read Killing Reagan  & Killing Patton . I purchased Killing the Rising Sun , but haven't read it as yet. I'll keep Lincoln on my  next to read list.

There is another one coming out Sept. 8th ... " Killing Crazy Horse " ..

Can't wait to read it ....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

Cool, @red&curly !

The book  did go into alot of detail abt how Patton was really against  our President Roosevelt making deals with Stalin . I think that alone put a target on his back . Yes, I think  his so called accident was suspect . The head of the newly formed  agency that would become the CIA was a rogue , so  I do think from what I read  there may have been someting to this car accident  .

Churchill  was not in favor of these deals with Stalin either, that's why Roosevelt chilled him out of participating in talks with Stalin. As we know the price of Stalin working with the USA to defeat Hitler was paid by Poland and  all the other countries that were placed un Russian rule after WWII.  The Polish  Resistance  fighters  who fought against Hiltler were slaughtered by the Russians .