Honored Contributor

Re: "PATTERNS" VAN HEFLIN BEATRICE STRAIGHT SATURDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

Wow, I didn't know that, @Shelbelle.  Both were terrific in this.

Respected Contributor

Watched the first part of the movie. It was good. A bed in the wall always fascinated me. Just saw the first half.

Honored Contributor

@Catiele, are you by any chance referring to the bed in the other movie, "The Hunted"?   I'm not remembering a bed in the wall in this one, "Patterns",  but there is one in that first half of "The Hunted" as you say.

If you're talking about the one in "The Hunted",  I really like that scene, where it's raining outside and they're in his apartment talking and trading barbs over their past together, and arguing over who's going to take the Murphy bed!

I had a Murphy bed in one of my early, tiny apartments-- it was a fun feature...

Respected Contributor

Yes it was The Hunted. We stayed in condo in NH and we had one . I left it open. I thought it was cool. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Murphy beds made a LOT of movies. It's the only time/place I ever saw one. I always wanted one but my parents just laughed.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell - Just watched this movie, and it was great! I did not anticipate that ending (which is something of a rarity for me). The novel ending made the movie more interesting and the characters more complex, in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

@Oznell - Just watched this movie, and it was great! I did not anticipate that ending (which is something of a rarity for me). The novel ending made the movie more interesting and the characters more complex, in my opinion.

Good Grief this thread is 5 years old! How'd you even find it?

I just noticed that my name is on here a couple of times and I see that my number of posts is the same as it is today-five years later. I knew they weren't accurate. There is no way I could have posted that many times. No way.

Respected Contributor

@Judaline - I was going to start a new thread on this particular movie, but then I decided to do a search to see if anyone had already written about this movie. I found this older thread from @Oznell  (who, as we know, is quite the superstar in posting about all of these incredible old movies in this forum...) so I posted a comment to this thread instead of starting a new one. 

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

@Judaline - I was going to start a new thread on this particular movie, but then I decided to do a search to see if anyone had already written about this movie. I found this older thread from @Oznell  (who, as we know, is quite the superstar in posting about all of these incredible old movies in this forum...) so I posted a comment to this thread instead of starting a new one. 

I do this, too, but I found  out most posters don't reply as they see it's an old post. Good movie, tho, lol!

Honored Contributor

Watching closely at the sets of this film,I also see patterns.