Honored Contributor

"PAT AND MIKE' KATHARINE HEPBURN, SPENCER TRACY TUESDAY 6:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

6:00 p.m. Eastern--  "Pat and Mike"    Katharine Hepburn, Spencer Tracy, Aldo Ray

Amusing light comedy with the incomparable pair (Tracy and Hepburn) playing to both their strengths.  She's a phys. ed teacher who's a gifted natural athlete, and he's a canny promoter and manager in search of someone to "bring along".   Prickly partnership turns into surprising romance, especially surprising to her domineering, conventional fiancee (William Ching).

Not the fan of Hepburn that so many classics buffs are, yet when she's with Tracy, I succumb to the pairing along with everyone else.  She's quicksilver, he's "earth father",  they swirl together into something that's timelessly dynamic....

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/1090322/Pat-And-Mike-Movie-Clip-Not-Much-Meat-On-Her.html

Honored Contributor

Re: "PAT AND MIKE' KATHARINE HEPBURN, SPENCER TRACY TUESDAY 6:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

@Oznell 

Thought no one was like me in not being a fan Hepburn's. But! Like you said pair together electric and fierce. It is said....they weren't really loves. That is another story for another time. Regardless! Tracy and Hepburn force on film. 

Honored Contributor

Re: "PAT AND MIKE' KATHARINE HEPBURN, SPENCER TRACY TUESDAY 6:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

You put it so well, @Sweet_Serenity.  My reactions exactly!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Oznell 

Thought no one was like me in not being a fan Hepburn's. But! Like you said pair together electric and fierce. It is said....they weren't really loves. That is another story for another time. Regardless! Tracy and Hepburn force on film. 

Wasn't she romantically involved with both Leland Hayward and Howard Hughes?  She was a good actress.

Respected Contributor

Cannot watch either one of them anymore. Too many negatives for both of them.