Honored Contributor

"Original" The Fugitive (1947)

Starring:  Henry Fonda, Dolores Del Rio, Pedro Armenda´riz.  Also, Mel Ferrer (uncredited)

In a Latin American country where the government has outlawed public religious displays, the last priest (Henry Fonda) in a village seeks refuge in a church, disguised as a peasant. Discovered by an Indian woman, Maria (Dolores del Río), the priest agrees to baptize her children and other poor people in the village. The priest's efforts to escape the military police are constantly upset by the desperate religious demands of the local people, and a beggar intent on turning him in.

I have not seen this movie since I was a teenager.  Matter of fact The Fugitive was my first introduction to Henry Fonda.  I do not think it has been on tv since. 

I was on TMC site searching for this movie to see if they had it in their archives.  I discovered the movie......

Will be shown on TMC August 1st @ 2:15 PM EST

Anyone else ever seen The Fugitive, the 1947 version?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: "Original" The Fugitive (1947)

@Mz iMac wrote:

Starring:  Henry Fonda, Dolores Del Rio, Pedro Armenda´riz.  Also, Mel Ferrer (uncredited)

In a Latin American country where the government has outlawed public religious displays, the last priest (Henry Fonda) in a village seeks refuge in a church, disguised as a peasant. Discovered by an Indian woman, Maria (Dolores del Río), the priest agrees to baptize her children and other poor people in the village. The priest's efforts to escape the military police are constantly upset by the desperate religious demands of the local people, and a beggar intent on turning him in.

I have not seen this movie since I was a teenager.  Matter of fact The Fugitive was my first introduction to Henry Fonda.  I do not think it has been on tv since. 

I was on TMC site searching for this movie to see if they had it in their archives.  I discovered the movie......

Will be shown on TMC August 1st @ 2:15 PM EST

Anyone else ever seen The Fugitive, the 1947 version?

@Mz iMac   No, I haven't.  To me there is only one Fugitive, David Janssen.  It'll never be Henry Fonda nor Harrison Ford (I realize this film is not the same story as the TV show or Ford's film).   Still.....nobody else will ever come to mind!  Smiley Happy

Glad you posted though. I'd never heard of this film before.  Here is the Wiki link to it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fugitive_(1947_film)