Esteemed Contributor

Re: "OUTNUMBERED" IS PRACTISING SOCIAL DISTANCING

@Oznell wrote:

"Outnumbered" noontime show on Fox right now is practising social distancing-- Harris Faulkner and Melissa Francis are deliberately seated at least 6 feet apart on that enormous couch!  They do have their other panelists, they're just in remoter studio locations.  Good job, "Outnumbered"!

@Oznell    I like that they are showing us just what the experts  are saying we should be doing.   Social distancing is very important at this time.  Love the show and watch it daily.   I actually watch many hours of FOX each day.😺

Trusted Contributor

I noticed just today, finally all the cable news shows are offering a lot of good info on dealing with the coronavirus without constantly politicizing the issue. I hope this trend continues.

Honored Contributor

Sadly, @FLgardener some broadcasters are still trying to tie the virus to their agenda, but am thrilled if you have observed some doing better.  The online and TV outlets I've been following have given the straight story right along.

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell -- Oh, yes, I have trusted certain outlets for consistently telling the truth. In this case, I follow the CDC and Fox News, as I find them to be the most credible. I also give a listen to other outlets to stay open minded and ready to reply to those who think I might have my head buried in sand.

Right now, I see some of the "news" going back to the blame game. Oh, well--I had my pipe dream for a few minutes.

Honored Contributor

I know, @FLgardener , but we can hope!  I think it is very tempting for some in the media and their allies to try to make this crisis work for their agenda-- they can't seem to resist.  Sooner or later, hope they realize we're all in this together, and efforts have been ongoing, whether they wish to acknowledge that or not.  We can all join in and do our part, in the way that people have done throughout history when times are tough.  Ha, relinquishing soapbox now!

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I know, @FLgardener , but we can hope!  I think it is very tempting for some in the media and their allies to try to make this crisis work for their agenda-- they can't seem to resist.  Sooner or later, hope they realize we're all in this together, and efforts have been ongoing, whether they wish to acknowledge that or not.  We can all join in and do our part, in the way that people have done throughout history when times are tough.  Ha, relinquishing soapbox now!

@Oznell   very well put as always !😸  We need to all come together as Americans,  there is nothing we can't get through I beileve.  I'm hopeful .

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant  really?  No worse the the other channels..

Honored Contributor

I disagree with your assessment, @Ms tyrion2 .  Highlighting what the show is doing vis a vis practising social distancing, is a good thing in my opinion.  Others interjected extraneous attacks on the network, which is their opinion.  Also their prerogative.

When posters turn the topic-- which they did-- to general media coverage, and condemnation of one channel in particular, it's fine in my opinion for others to give their opinion of media coverage, which may differ markedly from the critical posters'. 

There's give and take.

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't mind if they sat in remote locations and just showed their faces on a split screen.  That's my opinion for all news/talk shows, not just this one.  They could still get their message across and do a better job at reducing the potential for spreading germs.  

Honored Contributor

The network in question definitely downplayed the virus.  It's only recently that they seem to realize it is their older viewers that are in the most danger.