Respected Contributor

"Nothing Left Unsaid"

[ Edited ]

Documentary with Gloria Vanderbilt and Anderson Cooper on CNN tonight at 8:00PM EST.  If you miss this airing, it's available on HBO On Demand.

Trusted Contributor

It is so good. Yes a must see.

Honored Contributor

They were so fortunate to have each other in their lives.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the heads up.  I’ve set it to record.

Honored Contributor

OMG.

I just watched the first 2 minutes.....and teared up.

I really don’t think I can watch.

😢

Respected Contributor

Re: "Nothing Left Unsaid"

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

OMG.

😢

@sidsmom: I've seen it. Yes, there are sad moments but it's not all sadness. You'll be intrigued and inspired. Please don't miss out.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I watched two tributes by Anderson already.  The last one was on his show on the first night he came back.  He could barely finish the end.  When he talked about them watching Peggy Lee singing and he holding his mother's hand and swaying back and forth like they were dancing - OMG - he is such a great guy.

They were really very close.  He was with her until the very end, holding her hand and then her head.  He was so choked up that he got Chris Cuomo choked up too.

This was really a very sad day indeed.  I am recording tonight's HBO documentary.  It's worth watching over again - at least to me it is.

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

OMG.

😢

@sidsmom: I've seen it. Yes, there are sad moments but it's not all sadness. You'll be intrigued and inspired. Please don't miss out.  Smiley Happy

Yes, you are right! 

Lovely programming...

Honored Contributor

i have seen this before and it is wonderful.  so well done!!  I also bought and listened to anderson cooper/Gloria Vanderbilt cd of the book The Rainbow comes and Goes.  it is a must imo.  anderson and Gloria read it, so it is special.  this book is basically the same as the documentary.  the book on cd just comes alive because they read it.

Respected Contributor

Wow.  I was surprised at how selfish and self centered she was.  She  basically abandoned her children just like her mother abandoned her.  And she abandoned her nanny who raised her and was like her mother; and her aunt who gained custody of her against her mother.  Her artwork was so primitive and child-like.  That was surprising.

And who will inherit her fortune?  She didn't "believe" in children inheriting money.  But that's how she started her life.  I thought it was a very strange documentary about a very strange woman.  Kind of sorry I watched it.