Honored Contributor

"NORTH BY NORTHWEST" CARY GRANT, EVA MARIE SAINT FRIDAY 10:15 A.M. EASTERN TCM

North_By_Northwest_1959_Photo6_758_427_81_s.jpg

10:15 a.m. Eastern--  "North by Northwest"  Cary Grant, Eva Marie Saint, James Mason, Martin Landau, Leo G. Carroll

Hitchcock's spry, fabulous "Mad Men"-era spy chase, with the spice of Cary and Eva Marie's sparring romance.

Too many highlights to count.   Near perfection!

Honored Contributor

Re: "NORTH BY NORTHWEST" CARY GRANT, EVA MARIE SAINT FRIDAY 10:15 A.M. EASTERN TCM

[ Edited ]

pass,  like Mason' voice , though. LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: "NORTH BY NORTHWEST" CARY GRANT, EVA MARIE SAINT FRIDAY 10:15 A.M. EASTERN TCM

Thought this post was about 2 of Kanye's chidren.  Ok, carry on.... hidemf3.gif

@SharkE  Agree w/u about JM's voice.  It's the only good thing about this movie.  I'll pass on this one.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Ewwww I hate that avatar......spooks me to death

Honored Contributor

That brilliant, eerie and extended crop-dusting scene alone, would put this film up there with the immortals!

(Yeah, I like James Mason's voice too.)

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell, Thank you for this info.  I am recording this movie this am.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell 

Stylish movie that I love, and have seen many times.

Roger Thornhill: How does a girl like you get to be a girl like you?

Eve Kendall: Lucky, I guess. 

Honored Contributor

Another good one that TCM repeats way too often. 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell. Yes, that very suspenseful and unique crop dust scene. Then followed up by climbing down "the monument." Even the very last scene is great and cleverly done: Eva being reached for by Grant as she is dangling over the monument switching to him pulling her up to bed on the train.
Bonus: A menacing young, handsome Martin Landau.

A truly great film I never tire of seeing over and over again. I dont know for certain but have always surmised that Leo G Carroll's role in this film led to his similar role as Mr. Waverly in The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
Honored Contributor

Classic Hitchcock and another excellent thriller!  I always liked Eva Marie Saint since she was in On the Waterfront.  North by Northwest is one movie many do not tire of seeing.  I like ALL of James Mason!!!!