Honored Contributor

"NIGHT UNTO NIGHT" RONALD REAGAN, VIVECA LINDFORS FRIDAY 12:15 P.M. EASTERN TCM

[ Edited ]

5931548121_c64a5fd098_c.jpg

Gorgeous Viveca Lindfors reminds me a tiny bit of Ingrid Bergman here....

Quarter past Noon, Eastern--  "Night Unto Night"  Ronald Reagan, Viveca Lindfors, Broderick Crawford, Rosemary DeCamp, Osa Massen, Craig Stevens, Johnny McGovem, Lillian Yarbo, Art Baker

Romantic suspense?  Suspenseful romance?  Psychological thriller?

Sight unseen, but sounds tantalizing.  Ronald Reagan is a scientist whose terminal illness may be worsening.  He flees to the sultry Florida coast, where he becomes mixed up with a group that includes two attractive European sisters (Viveca Lindfors and Osa Massen).

Viveca is a troubled, vulnerable widow, who is tormented by thoughts of her beloved late husband, and needs a stabilizing force.   Her flirtatious sister Osa, (smouldering below) however, has plans of her own for the unsuspecting Ronnie...

MV5BZDkxMzZiMTAtNDIzNC00OGU2LThkMTAtOGRiNGQ3MDNmNDFiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTk5NzQ5Ng@@._V1_.jpg

Sometimes these nifty little "B" thrillers or melodramas (which I'm assuming this is, from the description) are very satisfying. This one has an interesting cast, including Broderick Crawford, and it's directed by the very deft Don Siegel (the original "The Invasion of the Body Snatchers",  "Dirty Harry",  "The Shootist").

Could be a good bet for a noon-time movie.

Love this "backstage" photo--

MV5BY2JmYTVjYzctNzgyOS00NzhjLWEwMzQtMDE0MDI5MTNjOTkzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTk2MzI2Ng@@._V1_.jpg

Edited to add:  In case you want to see this film and missed it, @drizzellla reports it is available to watch online on Watch TCM.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: "NIGHT UNTO NIGHT" RONALD REAGAN, VIVECA LINDFORS FRIDAY 12:15 P.M. EASTERN TCM

I'm always excited by your recommendations. DVR set! 

Honored Contributor

Re: "NIGHT UNTO NIGHT" RONALD REAGAN, VIVECA LINDFORS FRIDAY 12:15 P.M. EASTERN TCM

Oh, dear, @godi -- pressure's on, ha.  Just remember I haven't seen it yet!   But, I do think an unknown quantity like this is often worth a look....

Honored Contributor

Ronnie sure looks young in the pictures.  Have DVR all set, thanks Oznell.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

And cute, @Imaoldhippie !

Honored Contributor

I missed the movie but it is on Watch TCM. So I will watch it there. Thanks, Oznell.

We spent most of the day grocery shopping. Ending up going to 4 stores. Didn't expect to spend so much time grocery shopping. Thank you TCM for having the feature to watch movies that you might have missed.

Honored Contributor

Hey, thanks for that tip about it being online on Watch TCM,  @drizzellla .   Plenty of people can't get TCM on their tvs, and might want to catch the movie online at TCM.  I edited my OP accordingly.

Those grocery scarcities (sp?) are a giant pain!  Empty shelves seem to be here, there and everywhere, no surprise.

I watched "Night Unto NIght" and liked it.  Of course, a lot of it stretches credulity, but I just went with the flow.  They didn't overdo the 'supernatural' element, and I liked the Florida atmospherics, the friendship that sprang up between Ronnie and Broderick Crawford-- and their philosophical discussions.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   I watched King's Row many moons ago, and thought he was very good, enjoyed the movie.