Honored Contributor

Anyone else love this movie?  One of my favorites, I've seen it who knows how many times and I never get tired of it.  Toni Colette and Rachel Griffiths, young and at the beginning of their careers, are so great, the script is clever, the ABBA songs make it even better and it's such a fun movie with a small amount of sadness that adds a lot.

Honored Contributor

Oh yes!  I remember when this came out. My roommate in college and I went to see this one weekend and we loved it so much when it came out on video we got that and watched it again!  I think I've seen it 4 times at least. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I love this movie, too, and have also seen it several times.

The first time I saw it was years after it came out and I couldn't believe the lead was Toni Collette, she looked so different!

I agree, the script, music, performances, etc., they're all great!

Trusted Contributor

I love this movie, too. I believe it has either been made into a stage musical, or is in the process of being made into one in Australia and it is Broadway bound.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Muriel's Wedding"

[ Edited ]

I saw this movie on a flight home from Europe years ago. I loved it! I should see it again. 

Respected Contributor

Oh yes ! Took me a minute to recall since it was many years ago, but I loved this movie too. Now I want to see it again (:

Respected Contributor

us to we have seen it many times and we have it on dvd. abba music is great. allso the movie mama mia is really good with abba music in it.

Super Contributor

Yes!  I saw it when it first came out when I lived in NYC.  We were late to the theater and had to sit in the very front row - which actually made it feel like we were right in the scene.  I remember the bean bag chair exploding!  

Super Contributor

Yes I do (like what I did there??)   Its such a great movie. My husband's fave quote is "You can't type but you really impressed me"   lol

I so want this to be a Broadway show.  Another great Australian film is "Strictly Ballroom".

Kind of the same message that you must be true to yourself. ALso should be a Broadway musical IMO--- could happen>Cyndee Lauper is working on "Working Girl" now (And yes-- told husband that that s/be a Broadway musical too !!

Super Contributor

OMG---- should always read before I post !!!    Too exciting for me !!!