Honored Contributor

Re: "Maggie" from Chicago Med

@Shelbelle wrote:

I was disappointed to see  Dr Dylan Scott is leaving the show, unless he changes his mind

will he go to Chicago PD?

Speaking of Maggie, she actually looked unwell to me.  I thought she was lovely before.    She's beautiful & carries her weight well.   She represents probably half the women IRL.

But  now she just looks sick, I hope she's not having any kind of heath challenge

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I was disappointed to see  Dr Dylan Scott is leaving the show, unless he changes his mind

Speaking of Maggie, she actually looked unwell to me.  I thought she was lovely before.    She's beautiful & carries her weight well.   She represents probably half the women IRL.

But  now she just looks sick, I hope she's not having any kind of heath challenge

He said he will leave Chi and be a doc elsewhere. 

Frequent Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

According to an article in Variety, he is leaving the show.

During the Season 8 premiere Dylan chose to leave his job at the hospital following the death of Jo (Riley Voelkel), an undercover cop he became romantically involved with last season, who died in the ER. Co-showrunners Andrew Schneider and Diane Frolov confirmed his exit.

“Right now, we’ve finished that arc of his story, so he is leaving right now, but we have people leave and we have them come back. We’re leaving that door open,” Frolov told Variety. Schneider added, “We love Guy. He did a great job and was wonderful to work with. But what was sort of the cornerstone of his character was a doctor who had been a cop, and couldn’t escape his past — it becomes very evident in the premiere episode. So having really resolved that, we felt we had really covered his story arc, but Guy is so good and was such a wonderful character that we would welcome bringing him back in the future.”

The entire article can be found here:

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/chicago-med-yaya-dacosta-returns-guy-lockard-sarah-rafferty-exit-12...

Honored Contributor

Finally watched and a good story! I would hate to see Dylan leave, but understand sometimes their storyline has run its course, although I think if they really wanted to, they could come up with something else for him...He plays his role beautifully.

Maggie looks thinner to me, but not so thin that I wouldn't have known her...She is so pretty, I think!!!

I wonder where her storyline is going with her birth daughter's birth father....You hardly ever see her husband anymore.  

Honored Contributor

https://people.com/health/chicago-meds-marlyne-barrett-has-cancer/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_c...

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle 

@Shelbelle wrote:

@software wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

She is unwell.  There is another post on here and an article. 

She is battling two kinds of cancer and undergoing Chemo.

Read other posts.

Trusted Contributor

@dmod nj  Thanks for posting this. Unfortunately, when I saw this post and viewed her picture, two thoughts came to mind: weight loss surgery or cancer.  Articles about her ongoing battle with cancer have begun to appear. She comments on the support of her husband, a pastor, and her twin boys and the faith that sustains her. May God bless her.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@Shelbelle 

@Shelbelle wrote:

@software wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Read other posts.

After I wrote the post I saw she was sick, I came back to delete but there were replies on it so I left it.

Esteemed Contributor

@software wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

@Shelbelle 

@Shelbelle wrote:

@software wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Read other posts.

After I wrote the post I saw she was sick, I came back to delete but there were replies on it so I left it.

No need to delete, @software .  You were very perceptive.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@software wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

@Shelbelle 

@Shelbelle wrote:

@software wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Read other posts.

No need to delete, @software .  You were very perceptive.

Sadly, from a lot of experience